4. The meadow.

Eren's P.O.V
The man seemed to be in deep thought, as was I. All the rumours of Levi began to dart around in my head. 'He's killed over 200 people.' 'He's a terrible person. He cares for no one' 'he's not capable of love' 'he'll kill anyone he wants, just for looking at him' I became so overwhelmed in my thoughts and emotions, I decided now was my time to get away.

I quickly but quietly got up from my seat and exited the room, before running as fast as I could out the doors of the building and towards the woods. It'll be too predictable, my wolf informed me. I stopped for a moment and thought of where else to go. I knew what I needed to do.

Whenever I got this upset I would go talk to my mum, where she was buried. I decided to walk through the woods, hoping that Levi would pick up my scent here and spend a while trying to look for me. I was able to attach my scent to the woods, so Levi would assume I was in the woods. My true form allows me to mask my real scent so he can't find me.

Levi's P.O.V
As soon as I got out of the building, I detected eren's scent. It smelt like a distress signal, but one that wasn't supposed to be receive. I slowly walked towards the wood, giving Eren some time to be alone.

As I grew closer, his scent got stronger, but was widespread. He's cloaked his scent, he's tricking me, my wolf informed me. This omega was getting on my nerves already, and I've known him all of 3 hours. I came to stop, and tried to focus my mind on his scent.

One of my abilities I received from my true form is that I am able to detect a masked scent. It meant I could find people who had cloaked their scent for some reason, but it just took a lot of concentration and a clear mind. I stood for a decent 10 minutes before giving up. There was something about the boy that stopped my abilities from working.

"Mr Ackerman? I'm sorry to intrude." I turned around quickly and was met with my omegas sister looking worried and concerned. "Yes, what is it?" I said bluntly, letting her know that now was not the time to fuck with me or piss me off.

"I may have an idea of where Eren is. And if he is there it means he's very upset, and you must be sensitive with him." I rolled my eyes, not taking her seriously. "Where?" The girl took a deep breath in. It was like she was trying to hold back tears. "His mothers grave." My heart stopped.

I was introduced to a new emotions. A great sense of guilt hung over me as I stared into the distance. His mothers dead? Shit. He's 18 and he's already lost his mum? "Where may this be?" "Go through the woods. You'll see a cabin. Open the door of the cabin and you'll know what to do from there." The girl gave me this look, like she knew I'd know what she was talking about. And I did. Magic.

Eren's P.O.V
After a long run I reached the cabin. I smiled for a second. And approached the door. I slowly opened it and was met with a portal. I stopped for a second, and debated my choice. Did I really want to put myself through the feeling again? Fuck it.

I walked through the portal and was transported to a beautiful, vast meadow. I was surrounded by bright red poppies, and a sun that shone as bright as my mothers eyes did. I turned around slightly, and smiled. There she was. Knowing I needed a talk. I walked over to mother. I knew it wasn't real and she was dead, but this kind of magic couldn't go to waste.

"Hi mum. I found my mate. But he's a bad person. And I don't know what to do. My wolf tells me he's good. But my mind tells me he's not. What do I do?"

"Sweetheart, you must follow your heart. Someday you may come to love him. You cannot alter fate, my dear. Do not be worried, for it is not worth it. Only you can tell yourself what to do next." My mother smiled, before turning her head, then looking back to me. "I think someone's here to see you, my dear son. Remember, only you can tell yourself what to do next. I love you, Eren." She kissed me on the forehead before slowly fading.

Levi's P.O.V
I looked at my mate as a woman kissed him on the forehead and disappeared. His emerald eyes filled with tears, and they streamed down his face. Shit. I slowly walked over, trying not to do anything that would piss the boy off. "What do you want, Levi? Can't you respect my personal space." The boy cried out. I felt a sharp pain in my chest, almost as if my heart was telling me 'ouch, that hurt'. "Are you okay, Eren?" I spoke softly, but my tone was flat. It hurt seeing my omega upset.

"You're a bad person. Don't come near me."

I can't blame him for thinking what he said. I'm known to be a bad person. But the last thing I want is for Eren to think I am. I just want to protect him, I need to protect him. Shit. This brat is making me turn soft already.

"Eren, I promise I'm not a bad person. Who was that woman you were talking to?"

I spoke softly again, maintaining my tone. Mikasa said Eren would be at his mothers grave, but he was just sitting in a meadow with some woman?

"That was my mum, you dick. My mum built this a few months before she died, so she could conjure up illusions of herself from the other side. She knew she was going to die. Now can you leave me alone?"

The boy had tears still streaming down his face. I felt that feeling again, guilt. It was strange. I stared at the brat for a moment, and took a few steps forward. I slowly knelt down in front of my mate, and cautiously put my arms around his waist and pulled him into a hug.

"Eren. You don't need to be like this with me. I know you miss her, and I'm sorry she died. Please, don't be angry at me. I couldn't stand the thought of such a gorgeous boy being mad at me."

The boy let out a little giggle, before looking up at me. I gently raised my hands to wipe the tears from under his eyes.

"Levi...do you kill people? And what's the name of your pack?"

I tensed a little at the question. Eren seemed to notice and pulled away from my embrace.

"Eren, these aren't the kind of questions you should be asking in this state."

"Please, don't you trust me?" Just that question was enough to push me over the edge.

"Yes you brat. I've killed a lot of people. Because I'm not a nice person okay? And my pack is called the hound pack." I spoke quietly, my tone flat, my voice showing a hint of anger. The boy seemed to tear up again.

"M-my mother was k-killed by the h-hound pack." Before I could even say anything the brunette boy had sprinted out the cabin, and once again I was left alone with this guilt. Shit.