51. The old Levi.

⚠️⚠️it's sad boy hours today, brought to you by Tied by Fate⚠️⚠️

Third person;

The next morning had been agonising for Eren. His omegan side had began to surface and there wasn't much he could do about it. He began to feel the side effects of rejection.

Being rejected was like losing a part of yourself that you've longed for for so long.

When a wolf found their mate, it was like finally placing the last piece in the puzzle. Finally making themselves whole. But what if that piece doesn't want to complete the puzzle? The wolf is left feeling incomplete their whole life. The emotional - and sometimes physical - pain they'd endure throughout their life was unbearable.

On rare occasions, the moon goddess gifted wolves with a second mate. A second chance at completing the puzzle. But most times it's due to their mate dying at an early age or the wolf was pure at heart and truly deserved a second mate.

Eren knows he's not pure at heart. He's killed. Sure, he's a true blood and the angel hound, he's supposed to be the good. The pure. Heritage doesn't determine that, fate does.

Eren felt the tug at his heart as memories from his and Levi's conversation last night entered his mind. He heard his whimper as his him and his wolf whispered "mate." He felt the absence of Levi's arms around his waist. His kisses.

___

The morning after had been agonising for Levi. He longed for something more than the absence of his 'wife.' He longed for love, Care.

If she's really my mate, why is she never here? Why don't I feel the pull like I should? Why do I keep letting her slip out of my mind and Eren take over?

He had been eating breakfast for 20 minutes or so at the table. No one was up yet, as it was around 6am.

But Eren couldn't sleep.
Neither could Levi.

Eren knew Levi usually woke up around 6:30, so he thought 6am would be a safe time to leave his room.

He was wrong.

He saw Levi sitting at the table. He decided to just ignore him and grab a yogurt or something out the fridge to satisfy his hunger.

And that he did.

But he didn't miss the quick glance Levi gave him. The look of 'I know you're in pain and I want to help.' But they never do. No one ever wants to help.

"Eren can we please just ta-,"

"No."

Eren thought he'd got away as he heard Levi sigh as he left the kitchen. But then Levi did something unexpected, but so ... him. Old him.

"Sit down. We're talking, omega."

Eren whimpered at the use of his alpha tone. The Levi Eren knew would never use it...unless completely necessary. Which was rarely.

What hurt the most is the use of 'omega', said by Levi so freely. Without meaning. Without care.

Unable to ignore the command made by his alpha, Eren moved from the hallway into the kitchen. He took the seat opposite Levi, placing his hands in his lap and twiddling his thumbs. He kept his gaze down, focused on his thumbs.