37. Deceit

deceit
/dɪˈsiːt/
noun
the action or practice of deceiving someone by concealing or misrepresenting the truth.

{all mentions of lucifer refer to the original king of hell}

(This is a filler so please do forgive me for the short length.)

Eren;
"You're allowed to be angry, Eren. It's okay. Just remember I love you, and I'm sorry for everything."

"No. This isn't right. This sounds like a goodbye, not approval for me to be mad at you for murdering my father."

"Eren I-,"

"You're leaving, aren't you? You're going back to the human realm, and you're leaving me behind because I'm a monster."

"No you've got this completely wro-,"

"You just murdered my father and now you're leaving?!"

As I was speaking, I slowly edged closer to Levi.

"You're fucking leaving?!"

I started hitting continuously on his chest, pushing him back slightly sometimes. My head was nodding side to side rapidly, my screams were loud and tears of anger flushed down my cheeks.

My hitting got more frequent, and more violent. Levi was alpha, he could take it.

And he did ... he let me hit and scream until there was no energy left in him. I stopped hitting, and I just stood.

They weren't tears of anger, they were tears of sadness and betrayal now.

Levi pulled me in gently, one arm around my waist, and one holding my head to his chest. He just held me, the calm atmosphere comforting us both.

"That wasn't what I was saying, Eren. I love you so much, and I don't tell you enough. I'm apologising because this all started with me. Lucifer wouldn't have created Grisha to create you if I hadn't have begged for power."

Created Grisha? What?

"I...um...what? Grisha was created?"

The surge of emotion died down, confusion now growing. It was like every time I learnt something new about our lives ... Levi's already one step ahead.

"Before I killed him, Grisha called me 'the great evil'. I remember when I was a teenager, lucifer was raising me. He gave me a book with the title 'the great evil'. It started with the creation of two beings, the saviour and the evil. The evil always won, eventually fulfilling his purpose - the destruction of all realms but his own."

"I-I'm the saviour ... and you're the evil."

I slid out of Levi's grip, now standing a suitable distance away from him. I finally realised why our love was forbidden, why fate drew us together but people kept trying to drive us apart.

"I always end up kil-,"

"D-don't say it. I already know. I've seen it before."

I didn't realise until know, but Levi was crying. One single tear rolled down his cheek. His eyes, they looked sad. He looked so hurt, yet guilty at the same time.

I walked over to him, placing my hands on each of his cheeks. I used my thumb to gently wipe away the tear that fell.

"Levi Ackerman. No matter what happens, I'll always love you. You come before anything else. You're my happiness. You're my world. I couldn't ask for anything else. And I'll be damned before I let anything rip us apart."

I smiled sadly at him, and he sadly smiled back. The sadness we both felt consumed us. It was Levi and I against the world.

"I love you Eren. Some people are going to leave, but that's not the end of your story. That's the end of their part in your story. I can promise you, I'll never leave you. I'll never stop loving you. I want to protect you. I want to hold you. I want to cherish you. I'll die before I let anything tear us apart."

I smiled so softly ... falling deeper in love with Levi Ackerman. My alpha. My world. My life.

Everything was perfect. Nothing else mattered in that moment...

____

Time - 09:17
Location - unknown realm

"Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Carla what the hell are we supposed to do now?!"

"I don't know Kuchel! Try figuring it out yourself instead of asking me!"

The two women argued back and fourth, not getting any closer to the answers they were looking for.

"We haven't done what lucifer has asked! Levi hasn't forgotten Eren, because we didn't take his memories. Levi hasn't awakened his vampire side, because Eren will die before he lets Levi become a 'monster' too. He's going to fucking kill us Carla!"

They were panicking. Pacing back a fourth constantly. They'd messed up for real this time ... and they had no clue what to do.

They'd deceived their sons. Although they were dead, they were both living on. Carla - an angel and Kuchel - a demon.

What are you supposed to do when the king of hell wants your children dead?

___

"Sometimes you may feel that you are weak and therefore have given up, but at times it only shows that you are strong enough to let go of things."