17. I Loathe him.

loathe
/ləʊð/
verb
feel intense dislike or disgust for.

Hanji P.O.V
"Levi. It's me."

I knocked gently on the door, ensuring I didn't anger, or startle, Levi.

"Can I come in?"

He'd isolated himself since Eren died. He never disposed of the body, because he can't face the fact that his beloved was dead. Before this, Levi had experienced all death, pain and misery possible. But nothing could be worse than losing the one person who truly meant everything to him.

"Sure."

I opened the door slowly with my free hand, and entered the room quietly. I placed the tray of food on the small coffee table and turned to face Levi.

He was slouched in the chair Eren used to sit in, with his head leant back and his legs quite far apart. He was twiddling his fingers, something he'd only do if he was feeling like something was missing.

His face was washed out, and the areas under his eyes were slightly wet, probably from the crying he had been doing all night.

"Do you want something to drink?"

"No."

"Do you want something to eat?"

"I'm not hungry."

"Do you want anything at all?"

"I want him. But I can't have him because he's fucking dead."

It hurt me seeing Levi upset, because we'd known each other so long. We were born into the same pack, Levi born an alpha and myself a beta. We got along pretty well, mostly because Levi's salty personality and my extrovert one went hand in hand.

He used to open up to me, but he doesn't anymore. After Kutchel died he became distant, shutting himself off from me and the whole world in general. Now it's happening all over again. Except this time it's worse.

He could snap at any second, unleashing hell upon earth. Eren's not here to calm him down and let him know he's okay. Levi needs Eren. He makes him feel human, makes him feel alive, almost.

"Levi. Is there anything I can do?"

"Just leave me alone."

"Okay."

I left the tray on the coffee table incase Levi wanted to give in to the temptation of eating and drinking. I exited the room, shutting the door quietly behind me.

~~~

Levi P.O.V
I got up from the - his - chair, and walked towards my phone. I searched through my recent contacts, before dialling the number I needed.

"Hello. Mr Ackerman? Is everything okay? Is Eren okay?"
"I need you to come to headquarters Miss Jaeger. It's about Eren."

I quickly hung up the phone, holding back the tears that wanted to consume me again. I miss him so much. I need him, want him, and he's not here. How am I supposed to tell his sister that he's dead? That he's never coming back?

Ever.

"I'm so sorry, Eren. I failed you. I failed to protect you. I love you."

~~~

Eren P.O.V
Levi. I miss him so much. I have no way of waking him up. He could never wake up, and I could be doomed to live all of eternity alone.