32. Secret ⚠️Sensitive themes⚠️

⚠️Warning⚠️
Mentions of abuse & Self harm
Lowkey fluff too?
Also curious Hanji 🤠
And angst. Oopsies

secret
/ˈsiːkrɪt/
noun
plural noun: secrets
•something that is kept or meant to be kept unknown or unseen by others.
•something that is not properly understood; a mystery.
•a valid but not commonly known or recognized method of achieving or maintaining something.

~The first night back together~

Eren;
"No! Please stop. Please. Dad! Don't hurt me...please."

He carried me on his shoulder, my voice straining from the screaming and my cheeks wet from the continuous crying.

I don't want to be hurt.

Not again.

Please, make it stop.

He carried me down the stairs and into the basement, closing the door before placing me on the cold, metal medical table.

"Dad...please! Don't do this, not again!"

He didn't listen. He never does.

I don't want him to hurt me ... not again.

"Calm down Eren, it'll be over soon. Just relax. In for five, out for ten."

1
2
3

I can't.

Don't hurt me, dad. Not again. I can't stand this anymore. 

"Er-,"

"Eren?"

"Eren!"

Awake.

"L-Levi? What happened?"

"You had a nightmare Eren. About someone hurting you."

"Oh ... I-I'm fine. Don't worry about it."

I gave Levi a small smile, which he clearly wasn't buying.

"Eren, you were screaming and crying in your sleep, and you expect me to believe you're fine?"

"I-it's nothing we ever need to talk about. I'd rather just get on with the day please."

I look over to the alarm clock ...

2:37am?

"Shit. I can't go back to sleep now."

I wanted to tell him, I really did. But what if he sees me as weak and vulnerable? Being abused really isn't something to be proud of. It's also not a just a small secret, it's a huge secret that could easily hurt a lot of people.

"Eren?"

"Hm?"

"When Hanji and I were trying to find you, we had to go to your house. We found the basem-,"

"Don't. Don't say that word. P-please. Just don't. Not around me."

Basement. The root of my pain; the reason I'm the person I am today. The reason I felt so worthless that I turned to hurting myself, so I could feel the release of pain.

I want Levi to just look at me the opposite way Grisha did. To look at me like I mean the world to him and that I'm worth living for. But why would he? I'm a monster. He's seen it. The fangs, my pale skin, my eyes. I can feel it. The urge to devour a body for just a drop of blood.