56. Mark me, alpha. (1)

Not proof read !

The next day.

Eren had woken up from his first good night sleep in months. No nightmares. No longing for Levi. He was there.

He turned his head to the side, seeing his mate sleeping peacefully beside him. His lips were parted slightly, deep exhales repetitively sounding in Eren's ears. His dark black locks hung messily over his eyes that were shut tightly. Eren reached out his hand, gently tracing a finger along Levi's cheekbones.

One of the things he loved about Levi was that he was not a light sleeper. Suffering from insomnia most of his life, Levi rarely got any sleep. But on the occasions he did, he was out cold. There was no waking that man.

Eren's action caused no disturbance to the mans slumber. Eren laid there admiring the older's features. His finger now drew circles on Levi's neck, with Eren simply sighing with content.

Once finishing his 'how long can I stare at my mate' session, Eren got out of bed. It had been the early hours of the morning when Levi received the last of his memories, so neither had time to tell the others.

Eren took a glance at the clock hanging on the wall. 10:30am. The others must be awake by now.

He took his usual route to the kitchen, not passing anyone on the way. Upon reaching the kitchen he was met with Hanji and Erwin at the table, probably finishing up their breakfast.

The boy simply buzzed at the thought of telling them the news, and wasted no time in doing so.

"He remembers!" He let out, his voice soft and holding complete happiness.

Both Hanji and erwin's heads turned towards Eren.

"What?" they both asked in sync with each other.

"He came to my room last night, and used his power to force some kind of memory out of me. After 10 minutes or so, it ended, and he told me he remembers. I-I couldn't believe it at first, but then I realised he must've found the memories of him and I, which somehow triggered all of his."

Eren's voice remained soft and calm throughout his explanation.

Hanji looked at Eren with the widest smile he'd ever seen her show. Erwin let out a chuckle of relief, before smiling at Eren too. Hanji was first to move, embracing Eren in a quite literal suffocating hug. Her grip loosened after a few seconds, with Erwin also joining the hug.

"Where's my invite?"

Everyone's heads turned towards the doorway of the kitchen.

"Leeeeviiii! It's good to have you back! Only took you ... 4 months, 12 days, 5 hours and 45 minutes!"

The man simply rolled his eyes, heading towards Eren to wrap his arms around his waist. He gave him a soft peck on the lips, cracking a small smile at the sight of his beautiful mate.

He smiled.

Eren smiled back, shocked that Levi had literally smiled. Although small, it was still a smile. Levi, smiling. A rare sight. He took a moment to just admire Levi's smiling, before finally speaking.

"Hey, handsome."

"Hm, you're not wrong."

Eren playfully rolled his eyes at his mates response.

"Still a narcissistic asshole."

Levi growled playfully in response to Eren's eye roll and comment.

"Ooookay, lovely to see you Levi, but we're gonna head out! See ya!" Hanji quickly scrambled out the kitchen, dragging Erwin out with her.

Eren squeezed out of his mates grip, heading towards the fridge and grabbing a yogurt. He got a spoon out the drawer and sat at the table.

Levi still stood where him and Eren had previously been, watching the omega's every move. Eren realised this, taking a break from eating his yogurt before speaking.

"What?"

"Are we just going to ignore what you said last night?"

Eren began picking at the skin of his fingers when Levi spoke. He'd picked up a few habits after not having the support of Levi during his panic attacks or episodes. He tended to bite his nails down to the point of it hurting, he'd pick at the skin of his fingers until they started to bleed and he'd fidget a lot if he was sitting down.

Eren kept his eyes on his fingers, not answering Levi's question.

"Eren, look at me."

Eren didn't listen to Levi. Instead he just spoke in a quiet voice.

"I get it if you don't want to mark me! Y-you just get hurt because of me and like I know I'm not perfect but I love you and I want to be yours but it's okay if you don't want to be with me anymore and I get it if you want to go back to the original realm and forget about me and find someo-,"

Levi interrupted Eren's rambling with a low growl from his throat. Eren cowered at the sound, his skin picking becoming more excessive. The alpha rushed over to his omega, taking Eren's hands in his own.

"Stop it. Don't say those things. I'd never ever leave you, not alone and certainly not for someone else. You're my omega. I love you."

Eren's heart fluttered upon being called Levi's omega.

"Of course I want to mark you, Jeager. I've been waiting for you to ask since the day we said we loved each other."

Once again, Eren's heart fluttered at the alpha's comment. Levi's hands moved to cup Eren's cheeks. He leaned in for kiss. It was gentle and passionate, more passionate than any kiss they'd shared before.

Going through all that they had together, changed them. It made them better people. But more importantly, it brought them together. They learned to love themselves by loving each other. Every experienced they shared made their love for each other grow stronger.

Eren's arms were now round Levi's neck, as he tilted his head to deepen their kiss. Levi tongue licked at Eren's lips asking for entrance, and obviously Eren gave him exactly what he wanted. They pulled apart every so often, Eren's breaths quick, and Levi's eyes holding a look of passion Eren had never seen before.

"Mark me, alpha."