Chapter Five

Bella's POV

"Yeah. Your new home. One of my most expensive properties," Mr. Kensington said as we walked into the enormous mansion.

Chandeliers dangling on the ceilings and tall windows that could light up the place in a blink. Although they were hidden away behind large scarlet red curtains which lit the parlour dimly. A centre table stood in the middle of the parlour and couches surrounded it. The length was so high it could take thirteen more of me. I felt it was much more a kingdom than merely a living room.

I looked around, really amazed. The thought of living in this Victoria island with the arrogant boy just made me shiver a bit. He'd give me an eternal cringe in just a day.

And to think I haven't gotten a thing from all my interrogations. I need help.

"I hope you two love it," Mrs. Kensington burst out in wholesome delight, turning to us with an expectant smile on her over-tanned face.

"It's lovely mum. Thank you," Caden said in the sweetest of the sweetest voices, looking around. It's like I never heard that part of his voice before. And to think he can be polite.

"Mercedes?" she waved at my face, waiting for a reply. A good one, though.

"It's lovely, ma'am. I really love how everything goes together in perfect harmony," I went on loyally handpicking my words and dumping them in her face.

"No problem querida," she smiled warmly as she walked to the bar area and inspected roughly.

"We'll be off now. We have other business meetings booked for today." Mr. Kensington said and headed for the door, his wife joining in.

"Dad, I'll come with - " Caden started like some eight-year-old.

"No, Kensington Junior! You are staying here with your fiancée today!" Mr. Kensington interrupted with a slight grin.

Kensington Junior... Ha!

"But dad!" he whined like a kid when I'm sure he's just a typical pretentious arrogant rich boy that he is!

"No buts! You are staying here, period," he spat at him and shot him a death glare.

Caden sighed dryly and curved his perfect pink lips to a pitiful frown. A frown that made my ribs crack from overwhelming laughter.

"We should be off too. The Marchesa's are waiting for us. We shouldn't be late," Mamasita remarked and picked the handbag from the stool she placed it on.

"Bye couple," Papi said as they walked out all with smiles on their faces.

"Papi - " I started.

He shut the door. Great! Just great!

Okay, I do not want to freak out. What the heck am I going to do? I mean, I can't handle this alone!

Kill me. Please.

I don't think I'll have so much problem since Caden here is a snub. A big one at that.

We stood there in the middle of the living room, not saying anything. He threaded his hand through his head and returned them to his pockets, looking heavenward.

Awkward!

I looked at him, obsessing over his personality. He turned his head at me. Our eyes locked and I did a great deal at standing there and staring.

"I - " I started, still staring into his eyes, but I couldn't finish that word. He's so good at shutting my mouth.

Oh my God!