Chapter 47 : Settled Issues

Two Weeks Prior To The Wedding:

Nishaant walked into her room using the doorway to find her engrossed typing something on her laptop. Her hair was tied up in a messy bun with loose strands grazing the side of her face. It was an effortlessly beautiful sight.

"What's up?" He asked leaning against the wall that her desk was against.

"You used the door?" She spoke looking up, evidently surprised.

"Yeah." He shrugged.

Gauravi smiled, off late he was very boldly using the door instead of the balcony to enter her room. Of course, exceptions being post dinner time.

"Just sending in a few applications!" She answered his question, putting her attention back on her screen.

"What applications?"

Gauravi decided to have some fun. "Ahh, Masters. I shortlisted a few foreign Universities."

Colour drained from Nishaant's face. She was planning to pursue Masters? She didn't even tell him about it, not until now!

"Seriously! You didn't think it was necessary to tell me about it?" He voiced his irritation.

"Nishaant, I am just applying now. So chill." Gauravi spoke, carefully observing his reaction.

"What if you make it? You'll... we are getting married in two weeks. You will just leave?" He asked hurt. Wasn't he important in her life?

Gauravi looked into his eyes. He was irritated, troubled and hurt.

"I was kidding, Nishaant!" Gauravi got up from her chair standing before him. She held his hand in hers and raised it to her lips kissing it. "I am not going anywhere. I know we are getting married in two weeks. I just thought of annoying you a but... I didn't want to hurt you.. " she spoke softly.

Nishaant stood back, leaning against the wall sighing. "Right." He said looking away.

"Nishaant, you really matter to me. And of course, I am going to discuss things with you before taking such a huge decision."

He turned his head to look at her, "that sounds nice." He spoke softly.

Gauravi smiled, "as for leaving you, I am not a dimwit like your ex. Although, I am glad she did leave you. She left the best man alive on earth, all for me." Gauravi grinned stepping closer to him, tilting her head back to look at him.

Nishaant smiled, looking at her while her hands gently rested on his t-shirt.

His smile wavered as a thought crossed his mind. He slowly wrapped his arms around her wrist. "Do you think... that I am too much of everything?"

Gauravi saw the doubts in his eyes. She gently caressed his chest.

"The dimwit was right about that. You are too much of everything. But I like that about you. Love it, in fact. You're just unapologetically yourself. If you take up something, you take it up fully. If you love, you leave no room for doubt. You're intense in everything you do. I think that's wonderful."

Nishaant's lips slowly curved up, and he gently placed his hand on her cheek. "You make me sound like some wonderful prince charming."

"You are definitely one in my eyes." Gauravi flirted smoothly, grinning ear to ear.

"You know, after the break up... I was pissed. I mean I did everything I could for her, to be the best boyfriend. She was a really nice girl. I admired her a lot. But it was just so frustrating when she didn't mirror the feelings. It was actually quite a set back. I thought maybe something was wrong with me. Until... I met you. I loved how your eyes mirrored what I felt. There is this connection between us. I like that... love that. "He spoke gently caressing her cheek.