Chapter 41 : Hurt

Gauravi paced in her room both angry and worried. She had reached home after taking an auto rickshaw. When Raashi had enquired about Nishaant's whereabouts, she had simply told her that he had some work.

But her worry began when he didn't come home by dinner time. His phone was switched off and there was no message from him. She had seen the tension on Shiv and Raashi's face too. Although Shiv had covered up for Nishaant in front of the family saying that he was stuck in some work.

Gauravi heard a knock on her room's door that was wide open.

"Hey, Gauravi?" Shiv spoke calling for her attention as he stood at the doorway.

"Bhaiya.." Gauravi greeted him with a small smile that barely reached her eyes.

"What did Nishaant tell you exactly? It's so not him to disappear without informing, that'swhy I am asking." Gauravi's heart sank.

He was okay, right? He would be okay. Yes, he would be fine.

"Just... that... he won't come." Gauravi lied, her conscious chiding her.

"Okay," Shiv sighed nodding. He was about to leave but stopped.

"If he comes by just drop me a message if you're awake. Nishaant is not reckless, I am sure he has valid reasons. He'll be fine, okay. You don't worry about it."

Gauravi didn't know whether Shiv was telling himself or her.

Gauravi nodded. Shiv briefly nodded his head leaving her room. Gauravi sat on the bed covering her face with her palms. She hoped he was fine. She tried calling him again.

Switched off.

She sighed looking at the wall before her.

* * *

Gauravi couldn't sleep. She felt guilty. If only she had driven back home with him instead of leaving him there after an argument.

Sleep was out of question, horrible thoughts tormented her. Maybe she should have told Shiv that they had fought and that he might be upset. But how could she, it would give away the fact that they were much much closer than the family knew.

She found herself going over their argument again and again. She felt a little stupid to just lash out on him. He was just worried for her. Even if he was trying to make her decisions, he was thinking of what was right for her. It irked her but she couldn't ignore the fact that Nishaant was protective about her, he cared for her.

What if he was right about that man? She should have responded a little maturely, instead of picking a fight. She wiped the trailing tear that ran down her cheek. It was two in the night. He still hadn't returned.

She sat on the bed hugging a pillow. She kept praying for his well being. It was an hour later, when she heard heavy footsteps in the passageway. She quickly got to her feet to find Nishaant entering his room. She quickly followed him. "Where were you? Do you know how scared I was? Everyone was so worried." She stopped when he turned to her with red-rimmed eyes.

"Go and sleep." He groaned.

"Are you drunk?" She asked tensed, looking at his eyes.

"No. I am just a mad person who loves this stupid woman so much, a woman who doesn't feel the same way for him." He spoke. He didn't seem drunk. His words were clear.

"Where were you?" Gauravi asked staring at him, he definitely didn't look drunk.

"Why do you care? You just walked away."