Chapter 36 : Tease

"Nishaant, what are you doing!" Gauravi muttered as she felt his arms loop around her waist, as she was putting the scattered things on her dressing table back into drawers.

"You can do this later. Let's sit in the balcony for some time." He spoke looking at her through the mirror.

She peeled his hand off her abdomen and bent down putting her lip gloss back into her kit. "Two minutes, let me just put all of this in place."

"Wait, is that all yours?" He asked curiously, noticing the loaded kit full of lipsticks. He stepped beside her and picked it up.

"Of course." Gauravi shrugged glancing up at him. He was visibly bewildered.

"So many? Did you buy them in bulk? Like wholesale discount?"

Gauravi stared at him. "No. They're different shades, for different dresses."

Nishaant gazed at her thoughtfully and then opened one. Red. He opened another. Darker Red. He opened a third. Pink. He opened the fourth. Red, again. The fifth - pink again. They were the same damn colours. He stared at the remaining fifteen or so that he hadn't even opened. "They are all red and pink."

"But they are different.." Gauravi frowned, looking at him. It was weird discussing her makeup kit with a guy.

"Look at this," he said picking up the first red, "and this.." he picked up the second red he had spotted. "They are the same freaking color."

Gauravi looked closely. "No, this one is slightly darker than this!"

"Bullshit!"

"Hey, I use them. I know they're different!"

"Gauravi, I am certainly not color blind." Nishaant argued.

Gauravi sighed taking both the lipsticks from his hand, applying a stroke of each on the back of her hand above her thumb bone. She then put her hand right before his eyes. "See.."

"Umm, Gauravi they're the same." He said , peering closely at her hand.

"Mr. Lambu, you're definitely color blind," Gauravi spoke, turning away to get back at her job in hand.

He pulled her hand and took the lipstick from her hand. He rolled out the stick and held it like a pencil taking it closer to the mirror.

"Nishaant, what.. no..." Gauravi held his hand. "That's not a marker, it's a lipstick."

"Come on, I am just leaving a message.. "he winked and turned back to the mirror.

"Nishaant! I won't be able to use it, please, stop." Her irritation, now lined her tone.

Nishaant glanced at her making a face. "Fine!" He muttered.

"Good." Gauravi sighed but before she could take it from him. He turned towards her, his arm wrapping around her waist. "Let me leave the message on your lips then." He smirked, inching the lipstick closer to her lips.

"No way.." Gauravi mumbled, tilting away. But the lipstick touched the edge of her lips. "Why are you so annoying?" She muttered her thumb reaching out to wipe the mark he had left on the corner of her lips.

But, before she could, Nishaant held her hand, tossing the lipstick into her kit. He used his thumb to rub the colour away. The pad of his thumb, stroking her lips at time.

There was this sudden increase of air pressure around them. She stared at him while he continued to rub his thumb everywhere on her lower lip, looking at her.

"Nish.." he tugged her lower lip down as she called his name. His eyes staring at he luscious tempting lips. He had made a promise to himself to try and keep his hands off her as much as possible. They had to establish a stronger foundation for their relationship.