Chapter 30 : New Feelings

Nishaant stealthily made his way inside her room from the balcony. He had a fun time with his friends. Natasha and Abhi had hosted a party and most of his friends from their friend circle had made it. The two were tying the knot next week in a simple marriage ceremony.

It had been a fun night talking about college days and learning about each other's present lives. They all had a lot to catch up about.

A warmth filled his heart and his soul felt happy as he noticed the little woman lying on the bed with earphones plugged in her ears. She was swiping her finger on her screen. Nishaant walked and kneeled on the floor right before her. She caught sight of him and sat up removing the earbuds from her ears.

"Hi!" He waved, putting on a bright smile.

"Hey!" She greeted sitting up, pulling up her top whose neckline had sagged lower due to her previous position, consciously.

He smiled trying hard to not look at her chest. "Not asleep yet?"

"Nah, was just browsing." She replied glancing at her phone screen that had pinterest open.

He leaned forward glancing at her phone screen. "Hmmm, design related stuff as usual!"

"Yeah!" She muttered. "Why are you on the floor?" She asked staring down at him.

He got to his feet and sat on the bed beside her trying hard to not reply with a witty innuendo, "happy?"

Gauravi rolled her eyes, "how was the party?"

"Nice," Nishaant replied lying on the bed on his side, propped up on his elbow, hand supporting his head. "It's fun catching up with college friends after a long time."

"Hmm," Gauravi hummed in response picking a cushion and placing it on her lap. She was slightly shy as she sat before him crossed legged wearing her cotton shorts. Almost three-fourths of her legs were bare.

He noticed her action, but decided not to tease her this time. He wanted to really get to know her more.

"So, what time do you wake up, like usually?" He asked.

Gauravi looked at him arching her dark eyebrows. "Six or six-thirty, why do you ask?"

"I have noticed you jogging around the garden in the mornings. So, I thought instead of running on the treadmill in the gym, I could join you!"

Gauravi's lips curved up, "I see someone's pretty observant."

Nishaant grinned, "Gudi, you have a lot ro learn. You don't know many things about me. So, tomorrow morning then?"

"No. I don't like company when I am jogging." She quickly replied.

Nishaant stared at her. "I will simply just jog beside you. What's the problem with that?"

"It's just my preference. I like to be alone." Gauravi shrugged.

"Okay, I will let you be alone. Just that we'll be together yet alone. Promise, I won't open my mouth.

"Oh, Mr.Lambu, don't you get it. It's my me-time." She replied.

Nishaant sighed, "fine, then. Oh by the way I bought something for you." Saying that he slipped his left hand into his sweat pants pocket and brought out a chocolate.

"I ate the other half of your chocolate the other day. Never know, when you bring that up, so thought of making things even!" His lips twisted into a boyish grin.

She snatched the chocolate from his hand and then picked the cushion from her lap and gave him a blow, playfully.

"Hey, why do you get all wild?" He spoke making a face of disapproval, running his hand through his hair.