Chapter 11 : One Last Time

Gauravi massaged the lotion around her neck and then applied the gloss. She got her things in the bag and scuttled out of the room. At the dining table, she greeted everyone. She was surprised when Nishaant greeted her. She simply responded wondering why did he make it look like they hadn't met after he had arrived.

After breakfast, the two of them were walking to the car when Gauravi's phone rang. She was surprised to notice Tushaar's caller ID. He usually didn't call it was mostly texting with him.

"Hello, Tushaar?"

"Hey Sweetheart. I need a favour."

Gauravi sighed, "what?"

"Can you buy some coloured sketch pens and black markers, sugar?" She heard him say as she sat inside the car.

"You don't have to flatter me. I will buy some for you."

"I owe you for this, sugar!" He said in his flirtatious smooth voice.

Gauravi grinned, "do me a favor in return, never call me 'sugar'again!"

Nishaant tried not to get affected by the conversation she was having over the call. The way she was smiling ear to ear, while talking to that Tushaar guy made him uncomfortable.

Why was she flirting with that idiot on the phone when he was right beside her in flesh? Did she really not find him better than that guy? Was it because he was a few years older than her? Did she really like that guy?

It was a few seconds later that he spotted the red signal and brought the car to an abrupt halt.

Shit, what is wrong with me? Why am I even bothering?

Whatever she did, whoever she spoke to was none of his business, and shouldn't be.

"You okay?" He asked, a sudden concern making it to his face ad he noticed that she had jerked forward owing to the abrupt halt.

"Yes fine. Do you have jetlag or something?"

"No. Just.." he left the phrase midway looking ahead as the signal turned green. He was angry at himself for reacting so stupidly. It really shouldn't matter who she spoke to and how.

"So, he's your boyfriend?" The words left his mouth clearly not bothered to keep his mind in loop.

"What!" Gauravi exclaimed, smiling stupidly. She turned to face him when an idea struck her. "Umm, why did you think so?"

"I don't know... the way you were talking. Isn't that how high schoolers talk to their Bf/Gf!"

Gauravi immediately took offense. "I am not in high school."

Nishaant's amusement made a comeback. He pulled his lips into a grin, "I didn't mean to offend you. But that's exactly the vibe you gave me."

"Why do I even talk to you?"

"Because you can't resist the urge," Nishaant replied. Just like I cannot.

Gauravi looked at the road ahead. "Please. I don't die to talk to you." But, God knows, how much I like talking to you even if I don't agree with you.

"Um, I never said that. Unless it's your subconscious speaking.."

"You twist words a lot. I am smart enough to know, you know." Gauravi looked at the passing buildings, holding back her smile.

"Really? I twist words. That's ridiculous. Do you always complicate things so much? I said a simple sentence. 'Because you can't resist the urge.' How is this twisted?"