Chapter 10 : Unfamiliar Feelings

Gauravi had decided to talk to him only when necessary and talk after thinking. No reacting whatsoever. She was glad that Daadi would be gone by the time she returned from work.

It wasn't that she didn't love her. She loved and even respected her grandmother. That was one of the reasons she was still trying to keep her happy.

But what about her wishes. Will she never get to live her life the way she wanted? What Gauravi feared more was that Daadi would wed her into a family that was of familiar thinking. What if her husband turned out to be conservative like her grandmother or a puppet under his mother or grandmother like her father was under her grandmother?

Forget about that. Didn't she have a right to choose the person she'd want to spend her whole life with?

For once she wished she was more rebellious. But then if she did anything against her grandmother's wishes it would upset her and in turn upset her father, something Gauravi would never want to do.

Her mother had passed away when she was twelve. Her mother's death was a hard blow on her but harder one on her father.

It was her grandmother who had handled them and been there for them. Her eyes grew misty. She felt so helpless.

"Hey, sorry I had to take a call."

Gauravi simply nodded proceeding to sit in the car. The car pulled away from the mansion.

Nishaant noticed that she was lost in her thoughts. "All okay?" He asked. He shouldn't give a damn. But the truth was he did.

"Yeah!" Gauravi forced a smile and turned to look outside once again.

"Why don't you attempt at explaining to your grandmother that.."

"I have tried countless times." Gauravi cut him off. They lapsed into thoughtful silence.

"You can take a loan and start living independently," Nishaant suggested. It sounded a little too cold and so he added, "if it bothers you so much."

"I am happy the way things are. I don't why ... you would suggest I cut off from my family." Gauravi's reply was curt. The last thing she wanted was being mocked by him on her family life.

"Hey, relax. I -- never mind. The mall is here. I will wait there he said pointing to an empty parking spot ahead.

"Okay!" Gauravi muttered hurrying out of the car. As she walked away she wondered if she had been a little too rude. But her mood was off and he didn't help. He should've kept his two cents to himself.

* * *

He couldn't take his eyes off her as she was approaching the car dressed in a pair of black trousers and a white and faded purple polka dot top. Her attire was very close to formal. Her hair was braided and the tastefully done braid hung on her shoulder.

She passed a small smile to him, once she entered the car. "Thanks!" She mumbled.

Nishaant's lips drew into a smile as he started the engine.

"You can place the bag in the back seat." He suggested pointing to the handbag she had her clothes in. "It wouldn't be comfortable to carry it all the way to your desk I suppose." He added.

Gauravi nodded acting on his suggestion. Her gaze fell on him as she turned. He was dressed in a white shirt and grey pants. His hair gelled well and set.

She quickly turned back to the front and looked out of the window. She felt he was being nice today. She liked this side of him. But then perhaps that was because he took pity on her. Oh, that thought didn't go well with her.