Chapter 18 : Tit For Tat

A month had passed in a blink. Nishaant and Gauravi's interactions were limited to exchange of few words before the family. Apart from that they never really spoke. In fact, they avoided each other.

Gauravi was bored. She had no mood to binge-watch. She decided to go and check if Dhruv was free. Her weekends were generally spent learning new recipes from Raashi or playing video games with Dhruv. She had no clue she'd like gaming so much. When she was on the way to his room she saw him walking in her direction.

"Hey Dhruv!"

"Hey Gauravi," he greeted her with his charming smile. The brothers definitely had that in their genes. But Nishaant's stood out. Or so she thought.

"Where are you going?"

"I have test at the coaching centre today. I don't know why I even decided to be a CA."

Gauravi giggled. "All the best."

"Thanks, I need it." He smiled.

"Aren't you too well dressed for a test?" Gauravi asked smiling as she noticed his attire.

He grinned, "Well I may be meeting some one after the test. For a cup of coffee, you know."

"Oh, date!" Gauravi mused teasingly.

Dhruv blushed, grinning ear to ear.

"Saumya?" She asked. She had got to know Dhruv better over the past month. He usually told her about his college and gossips an things on those lines.

Dhruv frowned. "No. Why would I go on a date with Sumo? I am going put with Naina." He corrected.

"Oh, my bad." Gauravi replied trying to keep her smile intact. The way Dhruv spoke about his friend Saumya gave her the impression that he liked her. However, her judgment was wrong. Stupid of her to even bring up Saumya's name.

"I should get going. Bye."

"Yeah, bye," Gauravi muttered making her way to the kitchen. The sight that greeted her, held her gaze for more than a minute.

Standing in full glory was Mr.Lambu. His hair neatly set. He had his gym vest sweat pants on.

Darn, the man shouldn't be allowed to flaunt his well-built arms.

He didn't notice her. Gauravi took the opportunity to stare when he turned away to the other counter. Her eyes moved from his neck all the way down till his backside.

Fudge!

She looked away, her mouth suddenly dry.

What is wrong with you, Gauravi? That was totally out of line. You can't gawk at him like that!

She was ogling at him, again. She mentally kicked herself. But nothing helped. Her eyes refused to listen to the sane part of her brain. He was an eye candy, period. And she lived candies.

"Need something?" His voice made her look at him. She wore the mask of indifference.

"Where is Raashi di?"

"Bhabhi and Shiv have gone out."

"Oh," Gauravi mumbled. "Where is Simba?"

Nishaant stared at her with a raised eyebrow.

"I mean Aayush." She repeated in better words.

"He's sleeping in Daadi's room."

"Oh!" She muttered.

"Mom, dad left yesterday to attend a wedding. And Dhruv is probably in his room. Anyone else you'd want an update on? I am anyway jobless, doing nothing." He remarked sarcastically looking down at his hands that were mixing the batter.