Chapter 13 : Brewing Feelings

The entire Saturday had gone by in a blink for Nishaant.

Even on the Friday evening, he had no interaction with Gauravi except at the dinner table.

On Saturday morning, she was gone before breakfast hence he didn't have a chance to see her. He had then been away from home to attend Natasha's pool party.

By the time he returned from the party it was late evening. He was surprised when she didn't turn up at the dining table. He casually asked Raashi about her whereabouts, after much deliberation once they had all started eating.

It was then that he was filled in with the news of her visiting and staying over at her friend's place for the weekend. Apparently, she had been invited to a wedding celebration for the weekend.

Darn! He wouldn't see her the whole day tomorrow.

What a boring Sunday!

* * *

Nishaant was finally glad that Monday morning came. But she didn't arrive. Raashi informed him that she would be reaching the office directly from her friend's place.

He didn't know the exact reason for his disappointment. There was this mad urge in him to see her. Was she ignoring him? Was this nothing but ignorance?

It was evening and Nishaant still hadn't seen Gauravi. He had a meeting during the usual lunch hour so he couldn't get a chance to even see her. He was waiting for the day to end.

A lot more awaited him however. In the late afternoon, he received a message from Gauravi that asked him to not wait as she would be going back to her friend's place for the wedding reception.

What! Wasn't the wedding over already?

He sulked replying with "ok". Maybe he was the stupid one to even think about it all. She was perhaps unaffected. But that was hard to digest. He shook his head, he shoulder better focus on his work.

The night was dark and breezy and the clock read ten. Nishaant was playing with his little nephew in the living room. While the little one's parents were having some couple time. Dhruv had gone out to a friend's birthday bash and hadn't returned either.

Daadi walked out of her room with a phone in her hand. "Lambu!"

Nishaant sighed turning to look at Aayush. "Do you know who is Lambu?"

Aayush waved his hand in air, uttering, "nah nah," looking aside. Nishaant smiled.

"Where is Jugnu, is he not here yet?"

"This is Nishaant and Aayush reporting live from the Oberoi living hall." Nishaant began playfully to which the two-and-half-year-old boy clapped and jumped. Nishaant took him in his arms, continuing, "the night is dark but Jugnu is not here yet. Aayush's folks and my parents are having a couple-time in their respective rooms. My Daadi is busy spoiling the name of her most handsome grandson."

"You mean Dhruv?" Daadi teased.

"Oh, Daadi!" Nishaant exclaimed making a face at her. Turning to his nephew he spoke, "see no one loves me." The boy pouted trying to mirror his uncle's pout.

"That's why I am telling you, idiot, get married. You're over twenty-six. Otherwise ..!" She sighed.

"And, Daadi is back to square one. Find another daughter-in-law. Do you want an auntie Aauysh?"

Aayush promptly said, "nah, nah" again.

"See Daadi, even Aayush what's me to be the most eligible bachelor for some more time."