Chapter 43 : Solution

Gauravi sat on her bed with Nishaant beside her. The two were engrossed in their respective laptops reading about pregnancy and abortion. After an hour or so he turned to her. "Gauravi," he called for her attention after keeping his laptop on the table.

Only when he called her the third time, did Gauravi realize that he had been calling her.

"You okay?" He asked sitting before her taking her hand in his.

"Is it wrong for me to terminate the pregnancy?" Gauravi asked softly. "Will I be killing a life?"

"No. It's just a bunch of cells right now. Not even a heartbeat yet."

"If you were in my shoes what would you do?" She asked holding his hand in both her hands.

Nishaant looked at her thoughtfully for a minute. "I'd go for abortion. This isn't the best time for a baby. I know how much you've wanted to be on your own feet and have a wonderful career. I am not saying it won't be possible with a baby. But... yes, it will be a lot more troublesome."

"Hmm," Gauravi hummed sinking in his words. "But I can't legally terminate this. I am unmarried and there are no abnormalities." She spoke fearfully.

Nishaant cupped her face. "I know. We'll figure a way out. Give me a final answer Gauravi...

"You won't be mad at me for terminating it, right? Now or in future?" She asked hesitantly.

"I won't." He smiled, reassuring he rby placing a kiss on her forehead.

"How will we do it? Given your family reputation and how things get out in the media..."

"I know if someone leaks the news into the media it might be a big scandal. The media had made a mess about Shiv's wedding too. They blow it out of proportions and come up with stories that can really affect an individuals mind."

"Are..we... going to tell everybody In the family about it?" Gauravi asked her heart freezing. She wished with all her heart that they didn't have to. She could never meet their eyes without being ashamed.

"No. We won't." Nishaant answered quickly.

"How are we going to go about it then?"

"We can get legally married and get a legal abortion but, then, just our names on the record might get the gossip around. Or we can find a trustworthy doctor who can help us terminate it illegally. Many people do it that way. But, we need to get the right person who can keep our secret." Nishaant vocalized his thoughts.

He further added, "You're barely three weeks, it shouldn't be complicated. But, from what I've read so far, it can get really painful and nasty. Like a prolonged period."

"That's okay. I am ready to put up with that."

"We need a good gynaecologist and trustworthy one. I have a list, made. They are all very high profile gynaecologists. But, given our case, I can't trust them enough to not make this a scandal."

Gauravi's face was written with despair. "I am sorry Nishaant. This is all my fault. If only I hadn't suggested it in the first place nothing of all of this would be happening. I should have just..."

"No, don't. That was your way of showing how much you trust me and love me. Don't regret it." He lifted her hand to his lips kissing it. "I have an idea..."

"What?"

"We should take Shiv in the loop. We need to Gauravi. He's the only one who can prevent things from getting volatile."

"But," Gauravi panicked. "What if he doesn't approve of it? He might not see me in the same way again. He'll tell Raashi..and eventually, everyone might know."