Chapter 6 : Day One At Office

Gauravi took in a deep breath, staring at her reflection on the wide mirror on the wall of the ladies' common washroom. She stepped out once she was sure she looked presentable enough. She noticed Viddhi looking at her suspiciously.

"Is everything okay?" She asked, as Gauravi stepped closer to her.

Was it like, written on her face that she had been kissing a man, a very handsome one at that?

"Yeah, had to pee badly," Gauravi stated an excuse. "Let's go, shall we?"

"Yes, better not be late, again. Do you think Nishaant will be an easy-going manager?" Gauravi tried not to evidently express her annoyance at the mention of the name. She wondered if she should tell Viddhi that she stayed under the same roof as them and and worse their rooms were separated by a wall.

Better not, it would only complicate things.

"Hey, sweethearts!" They heard a raspy flirtatious voice behind them. Smiling at each other they stopped until the person caught up with them.

Tushaar Bhalla. A handsome, funny, flirtatious man with the typical guy next door vibe. He was always hitting on Gauravi. Gauravi knew it was just harmless flirting and never really bothered.

On the other hand, Viddhi took it to be her solemn duty to keep a check on his flirting. She always reprimanded Gauravi for encouraging him. Gauravi, however, had immense fun flirting back. She could never really date a guy. Her family was super-orthodox when it came to things like that. So, when, Tushaar offered some fun, she always played along.

"Wow, so now Viddhi is a sweetheart too?" Gauravi pouted feigning hurt.

"Well, I need to be sweet to people like Viddhi. You never know when I need favours from toppers like her."

"I can relate to that!" Gauravi smirked playfully turning to Viddhi who threw daggers at her. Gauravi did pretty well at academics but Viddhi was a genius.

"Gauravi, now we are working. Our date is still pending. So is our night out." Tushaar complained. He knew very well that Gauravi came from a very orthodox family and had high principles. He nonetheless enjoyed the playful flirting with her.

"Baby, a night out isn't happening in this birth." Gauravi pouted. "But I guess, a coffee date can. Viddhi, would you like to third-wheel?" Gauravi popped turning to her friend.

"Shut up, Gauravi. And Tushaar, why don't you explore the place around by yourself. Never know when you might actually find a girl who will really be interested in you. Spare me and Gauravi!" Saying that Viddhi dragged Gauravi to the first row of chairs.

Gauravi turned to wave at him while he blew a kiss her way. She giggled turning around. The moment she did, her eyes rested on the tall, handsome, person standing near the projector and almost instantly her smile faded.

His deep dark eyes were looking intently at her. Her cheeks heated up remembering their brief, yet very intimate, encounter in the car. She looked away and made her way to the corner seat only to hear her friend's reprimanding whisper, as slugged tugged her hand. "Gauravi, where are you going?"

"Shut up and sit here!" She whispered back to her friend.

"We won't be able to see the projector from here." Viddhi reasoned.

"Who cares? This isn't your favorite professor's class." Gauravi whisper-yelled.

"So, is everyone here?" Rohit's loud voice made all the interns in the room to occupy the nearest chair and settled down. Viddhi sat on the chair beside the one Gauravi sat on with disappointment evident on her face.