Chapter 44 : Their Decision

Gauravi was tensed as she sat beside Nishaant in Doctor Tina's cabin. Her medical reports lay in front of her on the desk. She looked around, as they waited for Tina to enter.

She lowered her gaze to his hand when his hand landed on hers. She looked at him gratefully. She couldn't be more thankful for his support and care. She managed to pass him a smile. He smiled back giving her hand a reassuring squeeze.

"Good morning!" Tina greeted. Her voice was cheerful. "Good to see you after so long, Nishaant. And you must be his fiancée." She smiled at Gauravi, who nodded smiling.

Yeah, the pregnant fiancée.

"Damn, Nishaant you definitely got lucky. Nice to meet you, Gauravi. Shiv filled me on the situation. Can I see your reports?"

Gauravi nodded handing her the file. She looked at her anxiously praying for everything to go smoothly. Tina took a pen and circled a few numbers on her report. "Gauravi, have you been feeling any unusual symptoms lately?"

Gauravi stared at Tina, rather uncomfortably.

Tina sensed Gauravi's discomfort and she quickly glanced at Nishaant. "Nishaant, could you please .."

Nishaant nodded, getting up from his chair. Gauravi gulped nervously, as Tina gave her a reassuring smile. "I understand, it's your first time. Have you ever visited a gynaecologist before this?"

"Never until a day back," Gauravi answered, honestly.

"It's okay. So, tell me about your moods. Anything different than usual. The way your body feels.

"Just feel a little tired. And, umm, I did get cramps a day ago. I didn't really think much about it."

"Abdominal cramps?"

Gauravi nodded in affirmation.

"Okay, that's normal. Apart from that, do you feel a heaviness or swelling in your breasts?"

"Umm, a little heaviness," Gauravi answered her toes curling up.

"That's normal, your hormones show a spike, which explains that. Okay, come on here," Tina called her to lie on the bed laid aside with all the machinery.

* * *

Nishaant was waiting outside when Tina walked up to him and sat beside him. He looked a little baffled.

"She's perfectly normal. She's in there reading a few guidelines I gave her. She seems positive for an abortion. "

Tina looked around, and hen back at him, "Come with me". Saying that she led Nishaant into another room.

"Nishaant, she can go through abortion using the pills. The faster she goes for it the better. When will the legal papers be ready?"

"What legal papers?" Nishaant asked confused.

"Marriage certificate?"

"Marriage certificate!" Nishaant repeated astounded.

"I told Shiv that you guys need to be married. He said he'll get the papers done."

"But.. we.." Nishaant spoke still trying to sink in.

"Look, Nishaant... you guys are anyway all set to tie the knot a few months hence from now. Just get married on documents now."

"I will talk to Shiv about this." Nishaant finally spoke.

"Cool." Tina shrugged, pushing her hands into her coat's pocket. "Let's go then.."