Chapter 8 : Unexpected Arrival

Gauravi hurried into the mansion. This was crazy. It had never happened before. She greeted Raashi and Daadi and excused herself to freshen up.

It frustrated her, bothered her. Why was Nishaant, a nobody, suddenly at the core of her universe? How could someone have so much power on someone else?

Raashi greeted Nishaant as he entered minutes after Gauravi. "How was your day?"

"Decent, I suppose." The only event since the morning that clouded his mind was the kiss in the car. 

Perhaps it was a good day!

"Nice, I was planning on making brownie today. Would you care to teach?" Raashi asked.

Himali Oberoi had made sure that her boys could cook. She didn't really like the stereotypes that society set and did everything to see to that in her home no such senseless customs were followed.

Her elder son, Shiv was great at making Italian. Nishaant's domain of specialty was desserts, specifically cakes, and brownies. While the lazy Dhruv was the one who always experimented. Consequently, the family members were at high alert if Dhruv was in the kitchen. Riya, the younger sister, was a master at making Indian delicacies just like her grandmother.

Brought up in Ludhiana in a typical Punjabi family, Raashi's preference and cooking was just as Punjabi in nature, with oil, ghee and butter generously peppered.

However, Raashi was all set to gain some skills on making sophisticated food. Her husband and Nishaant were always their to teach.

"Sure. Let me just freshen up." Nishaant made his way up the stairs. He couldn't help but glance at the closed door of Gauravi's room. A small smile crept up to bloom on his face, as he passed by the door towards his own room.

* * *

An hour later Gauravi decided to head down and perhaps spend some time with the family she was staying with. She combed her hair and tied it into a pony before stepping out. A few seconds after she had exited her room she heard footsteps behind followed with a "Hey!"

She squeezed her eyes shut for a moment, 'The handsome Mr.Lambu, of course.' She didn't have to turn cause he caught up with her. She was beginning to find his timing too perfect to be natural.

Nishaant took full advantage of being behind her. He ran his gaze up and down her frame.

She looked cute dressed in fitting jeans that highlighted her thin short legs. She wore a simple red t-shirt that very subtly gave away her curves. He caught up with her smiling. "How was your first day?"

Like you don't know. Gauravi muttered in her head, forcing a sugar-coated smile. Not bothering to look at him.

"Umm, good," Gauravi answered, while continuing to walk. Just let her reach downstairs and then she could ignore his presence altogether. She didn't want to ignore him on the face and swell his pride.

Subtle ignorance, that was her plan.

She had barely climbed down half the staircase, with him beside her when she stopped. "Fudge!" She muttered shocked as her eyes took in the figure standing beside the sofa.

Nishaant who had reached two steps ahead turned around baffled. "What?" He had helped Raashi with brownie not fudge. He turned to look at her confused.

" Daadi, what is she doing here?" Gauravi panicked moving aside so that Nishaant's tall and broad frame covered her.

"She says with us, Gudi. Forgot so soon?" Nishaant tried to turn wondering what she was up to with he reads on his side.