69

Trixie pov:
When Katya came back to the house with my mom and Judy it was a little weird. I welcomed them in and showed them where they were sleeping and tried help them feel cozy.

Judy seemed to be doing really well. She seemed happier which was good. I think being in Boston will be good for her like it is for me.

My mom seemed a little weird. It was probably hard for her to be living with her daughter like this. I knew she was having a hard time swallowing her pride so I tried my best to not he patronizing or anything.

"Hey I picked you up the broth and other stuff you needed on our way back," Katya said as she followed me to the kitchen. "Your mom and Judy were fast asleep so I snuck in a quick trip." She pulled the items out of a plastic grocery bag.

"Thank you babe that makes things allot faster." I smiled walking over to her. I placed a hand on her shoulder and gave her a quick peck.

"Ahem," my mother walked into the kitchen. She stood in the doorway watching us, her arms crossed over her chest.

"Hey mom what's up?" I asked stepping back from Katya a bit.

"Um I was wondering if you could give Judy and I a tour of the house. I want us to get familiar with where we are staying.

"Oh yeah sure, i'm actually making supper so Katya can show you guys around," I said glancing to Katya.

"Can she not make supper while you show us?" Val asked her eyes sliding over to Katya.

"Give me 10 minutes and I can show you I just have finish up some stuff and then I can leave it to simmer," I tried watching my mom nod her head in approval.

"What was that about?" I whispered turning to Katya after my mom was out of ear shot.

"She misses you and feels like your avoiding her. I think once things settle she'll be better." Katya tried to assure me pulling me in for a quick hug.

I nodded against her chest and went back to cooking, adding spices and rice and veggies to the broth Katya bought.

"I'm gunna go clean up the bedroom and put some of our stuff away before you go show your mom and sister," Katya said heading out. I let out a small giggle and nodded sending her off.

I waited until Katya came back before I started the tour. I showed my mom and Judy around the dining room and kitchen, pointing out where all the important stuff is incase they needed anything. Then I showed them the bathroom and Katya's home office. We didn't go in the office because Katya had to many papers out that they couldn't see. It would've taken to long to clean it up so we just left the door locked and closed.

"And here is Katya and I's bedroom. If you beed anything you can come get us. We ate just down the hall." I explained standing in the door way.

Nobody really went in except Katya. But she was just moving out of the way to make room for Judy and my mom in the hallway.

"Your place is so cool Trix," Judy said as we walked back down the hall to the dining room. I smiled back and thanked her waiting for Katya. She was locking the bedroom door too, just incase.

"Would you two ever consider buying a house?" My mom asked as she got seated. "You could certainly afford it."

I stayed silent looking to Katya for an answer. She was the reason we could afford it, not me. I'm just a school teacher on leave.

"I'm sure we could but we would have to discuss it more, it's never really come up before." Katya offered serving us all our food.

"Trixie you should really be more proactive, your aging. The window for children is only open for so long," my said.

I couldn't help but bust out in laughter, Judy and Katya trying to hide their giggles too. "Oh mom, oh, I- I don't want kids." I managed to get out between giggles.

"Oh, well." Val looked down at her soup her face red. I felt bad for maybe embarrassing her but I thought it was obvious.

"We are thinking of getting a cat though," Katya offered. She laced her hand in mine under the table and smiled.

My mom just gave a small nod and went back to eating. Judy looked at us and smiled giggling once more before diving into her food too.

The rest of dinner was nice. We just made small talk and avoided anything to heavy like Wisconsin or Dane or Katya and my job.

After supper Judy and Katya did dishes while I wiped down the table and set up a board game. My mom stayed with me and helped a bit too staying pretty quiet.

"Okay so who is ready to loose against me in monopoly." Katya said as she walked into the dining room.

"I don't know with all the saving we had to do I've become quite the money genius."  Judy joked. She got a look from mom but we all laughed it off.

"Judy Katya deals with money for her job, she's been doing it for years. I wouldn't get to ahead of yourself," I joked setting up the money.

"Is that why to office was locked?" My mom suddenly asked.

"Umm yeah. Its very confidential info so I have to keep it locked up," Katya offered with a smile. She did her best to move on but the tension was still there.

"Okay lets play!" Judy said loudly. "I call the dog!" She reached across the table grabbing the silver piece.

I laughed and grabbed mine and the game begun. Katya won of course but Judy did well coming in second. I went out first followed by my mom. Even though we were out we still had fun watching Katya and Judy, laughing as we sipped wine.

After we cleaned everything up my mom and Judy got cleaned up in the washroom while Katya and I did the same in our en suite one. After that we checked on my mom and Judy and said good night.

"We are just down the hall if you need anything," I said standing in the hall in Katya's arms.

"Thanks Trix," Judy yawned curling up in her blankets.

"We'll see you in the morning," my mom said with a small wave.

After that Katya and I went to bed. Katya closed the door and locked it crawling into bed beside me. She pulled me close and wrapped her arms around my stomach, nuzzling into my neck.

"Love you," she grumbled quietly.

"Love you too," I smiled turning off the bedside lamp and letting myself fall asleep.