62

Katya pov:
Today was the funeral. After all that's happened I honestly feel relieved. After all the stress and fighting Priscilla finally gets to rest.

I got ready at my hotel then took a cab to the graveyard. It was damp and rainy outside, the weather matching the overall mood of today. The ride over was silent leaving me with my thoughts. Of course I was sad but I didn't cry, I had no tears left. After this last week I am so emotionally drained I feel bad for not sobbing over her body, but I just can't. When we arrived I stepped out payed and walked over to her family. Everyone was gathered outside beside her plot waiting for the ceremony to start. I slid into the back of the crowd watching the priest speak from afar. His sermon was lovely and I'm sure Priscilla would have loved it.

" Would anyone like to say some words?" The priest asked after he had finished. I felt his eyes land on me. He gave me an encouraging nod when he saw my hesitation. I wasn't sure if it was really my place, but I did plan the entire funeral so what bounds were there really for me to step over.

I walked to the front by the priests podium and shook his hand before starting. I wrote a speech just incase and I'm sure happy past me was thinking clearly.

" Hello everyone, thank you for all coming to celebrate Priscilla's life. Priscilla was a very special woman. She had a kind heart, but would also tell it to you straight. While growing up in America she became a second mother to me, especially after mine passed. She always knew when something was bothering me, and she always knew what to say. She stopped me from many revenge plots and held me while I sobbed. She met the love of my life and I am so glad she did. Priscilla wouldn't want us to stand around all day and mope over her, so let's respect her wishes and celebrate her life. Lets share stories and photos and eat food." I spoke my voice wobbling a little. I didn't cry but I was kinda close, tears stung in my eyes but I managed to blink them away before leaving the stand.

The rest of the day was long and hard. I missed her so much. I loved hearing all these stories about her when she was young. How she was a trouble maker just like me. But the stories also stung, reminding me why we were reminiscing. I shook hands and shared hugs right until the end of the day. By the time I got back to my hotel there was only one thing I wanted. I plopped on my bed and tosses my shows across the room. A lay on top of my covers and grabbed my phone dialling the one person I missed almost as much as Priscilla.

" Hey Kat." Trixie answered after 2 rings.

" Hey ,"I sighed exhausted.

" Whats up you sound tired?" She asked sounding concerned.

" I- today was the funeral." I admitted. I didn't want to guilt her into feeling bad but I also didn't wanna lie.

" Oh, I'm so sorry Kat." She sounded a little surprised but I can't blame her I was pretty blunt.

" I wish you were here Trix." I sighed after a moment. All my tears I held from today were finally falling down my face freely.

" I wish I was there too Kat, i'm sorry." She apologized.

" It's okay, it's my fault your not here." I admitted.

" It's both our faults Kat not just yours." Trixie insisted always as kind as ever.

" I miss you." I sighed reaching for the tissues I stuffed in my pocket before I left.

" I miss you too." She answered back. After that the line went silent for awhile.

" I leave tomorrow." I finally broke the silence.

" Thats good, I'll get to see you soon." Trixie sounded awkward. Was she not ready to see me yet? Was I even ready to see her yet?

" yea I'll see you soon." I hung up. Coming home was going to he hard.