60

Trixie Pov: 

I parked behind the building and made my way inside. As I walked I thought of the last time I was here. It was with Katya, she held my hand even though it was sweaty and comforted me even though we barley knew each other. Now I was here alone, with an engagement up in the air and the love of my life halfway across the world. Oh how the good times come to end so quickly. I knew it was stupid of me to latch onto this happiness, good things like this never last for me so why would Katya be any different?  

When I reached the door to Michelle's office I gave it a small knock and stepped back. I watched as her figure approached the door eventually opening it. She gave me a knowing smile and stepped aside gesturing for me to come in. I gave a quick nod and walked over to her leather chairs plopping myself down. I tried to catch Ian's eye but he kept looking away avoiding my gaze. 

" So Trixie, this is Ian as I'm sure you know," Michelle said plopping behind her desk. She stayed silent waiting for either Ian and I to say something. 

" Hey Ian, thank you so much for agreeing to come see Michelle." I spoke softly. 

" It's no problem Trixie, I know how awful principal O'hara can be. She is the reason I lost my job too." Ian sighed finally looking at me. 

" That's right," Michelle cut in. " which is exactly why Ian is the best break in your case Trixie."

" What did she do to you?" I turned to Ian. " I always thought you had a wife, you always brought that pretty brunette with you. How did she find out?" I asked placing my hand over his. 

" One day at lunch my husband called me. I thought it was safe because she wouldn't see his face and she wasn't supposed to be around that lunch anyways. Well she ended up coming around and overhearing us. She heard his voice and immediately accused me pointing out my colourful shirts and too feminine behavior. She forced me to resign at the end of the month." Ian hung his head in shame. 

" That's insane! Her entire choice was based off of an accusation!" I nearly yelled my frustration bubbling to the surface. 

" It's been happening for years. I know 4 other teacher from the school willing to testify with you, they just wanted to make sure this was true first. They are all scared O'hara set this up t remind them she still had power." Ian said. It made me sick to my stomach that she got away with that much for so long. 

" Can you get them in contact with Trixie so we can help her build up her case?" Michelle asked looking seriously at Ian. 

" Yeah of course." he nodded at Michelle. he turned to me and gave my hand a squeeze, " I really want to help." He said. he looked serious I could tell. He really wanted to get back at her after all these years and honestly, I can't blame him. 

After a little more discussion I got the names and number of all the other teachers and an appointment was set for all us to help build the case. I felt allot better, my mind no longer occupied by Katya. I had a distraction, and this time it was a positive. Ian and I left Michelle's office and walked down to our cars together deciding to meet for coffee and catch up.I drove down the block and parked heading inside. When I got there Ian already grabbed us a table so I headed over. 

"Hey" I smiled shrugging off my coat. 

" Hi," he smiled back. " I already ordered mine but I wasn't sure what you wanted so I left it alone." he smiled awkwardly.

" No problem." I waved him off hanging my coat and purse off the back of my chair. " I'll just be right back." I said heading in line. It was 2:00 pm on a Thursday so the line wasn't very long. I got my ice latte and headed back to the table. 

" So can I ask how she caught you...if you don't mind of course." Ian said after a while. We started with some ice breakers and awkward small talk but I couldn't blame him for bring up the elephant in the room. I mean it was the entire reason we re-connected. 

" Oh no its fine," I laughed my joy being a little tainted at the thought of Katya. " My kinda fiancee accidentally proposed to me in the school parking lot right after the 3:30 bell." I explained. 

" Okay so two things. One, kinda fiancee? And two, accidentally proposed?" Ian asked seemingly allot more comfortable in the less formal setting of the cafe. 

" Okay so this whole case is kind of tearing apart our relationship. We are both under allot of stress right now, me with my job and her with planning her second mothers funeral. Right now she is in Russia and we haven't spoken in 4 days." I sighed

" Hold on hold on, why is she in Russia? is she Russian? whats her name?" Ian asked making me laugh a little. His enthusiasm made me feel a little better. 

"yes, she is Russian and her name is Yekaterina but I just call her Katya." I giggled at Ian's little laugh.

" Oh my god is she hot? what am I saying of course she is! show me!" Ian was jumping in his seat like a puppy, how could I say no. I pulled out my phone and showed him a few pictures. I didn't realize how hard it would be because tears started pooling in my eyes at the sight of her. I missed her so much that I had to look away and dab my eyes. 

" Oh hon I'm sorry, I forgot things are complicated. It must be hard seeing her." Ian patted my shoulder. 

" Its fine." I laughed with a watery smile. " She accidentally proposed by dropping the ring box right in front of me because she was fiddling with it in her pocket to much." I giggled again still dabbing some tears. 

" Oh Trixie she sounds lovely." Ian lent over the table dabbing some of my tears for me. " It seems to like she loves you allot, i'm sure you guys will figure it all out. Like you said times are just a little tough right now but I bet they will get better." Ian offered rubbing my shoulder. 

I sure hope he is right.