15

Katya pov:

" Kat can we go to the mall I need to pick up some stuff." Trixie yelled from her bedroom.

I was over at her and Amy's hanging out with her for one last afternoon before I had to go back to Russia for a financial discrepancy. Even though I had frozen the business's assets I still did my job I just made it so my dad could no longer acess his money. I was stopping by the office to drop off a set of work keys I still had by accident but I got a call from Alexie panicing about a buyer in Russia. He said they weren't on good terms with my father so I had to. I hated having to leave it made me nervous. I knew my father could never pull a stunt like that again but I was still paranoid. Growing up his punishments for bad behaviour were far worse than corporal punishment.
But there was nothing I could have done.

I told Trixie and of course she was sad but Amy comes back from LA the day after I leave so she won't be alone and can start planning for the new school year. She got a call and a teacher quit so they asked if she could fill in as a grade 2 teacher. Of course she said yes it's better pay and more seniority.

I'm happy every thing seems to be going so well for her right now and she really deserves it.

" Katya" Trixie called again

" oh wha yea sure how long do you need to get ready?" I asked knowing she has what she calls a process before she goes out.

" well no time now." She said walking into the living room in a pale purple t-shirt light pink jean jacket and skirt.

" okay well then lets go." I said making no effort to move happily content sitting and staring at her.

" well you have to stop staring to do that." She said flipping her hair with a sassy smile.

" yea yea just caught up in you in all your beauty." I said giving her a quick peck.

" well I get to do that while you drive." She said kissing my cheek and shoving the keys in my hands rushing to the passenger side like a brat.

" tell me why you hate driving so much again." I said sliding into the car giving Trixie a sideways look.

" well one because I dont get to stare at you without you stopping me and two I hate it, its to much pressure and I can't drive." Trixie said frowning slightly.

" maybe I can teach you? Just like in the movies its how the guy gets the girl." I said smiling at her quickly leaning over and kissing her cheek before I pulled out of my spot.

" I mean I would love to yes buuut, one were both women Katya and two you already have meee." Trixie teased me.

" fine then I'll just drive you around forever." I said pretending to be mad.

" fine with me." Trixie giggled leaning back in her seat and pulling out her phone. she scrolled through pinterest saving pink aesthetic pictures.

We rode to the mall in a comfortable silence me driving with my hand on her thigh, her smiling at her phone leaning over every once and a while to give my cheek a quick kiss. The drive was short the mall only being a few minutes away. I parked the car and hopped out waiting for Trixie. Being the clumbsy she is Trixie clambered out if the car very ungraciously. I just stood and watched her with a smile on my face. She dusted herself off and huffed coming over and hooking our arms together.