19

Trixie pov:
I got home and rushed to the kitchen quickly scooping out food for Turkey. As soon as I placed the food bowl on the ground his scowling face slowly sauntered around the corner meowing at me angrily.

" Yes, yes I'm sorry okay." I said kneeling down and scratching behind his ears while he ate. That won him over and a few minutes later we were lounging on the couch him resting on my stomach purring. With a sigh I pulled out my phone and looked at the time, it was 12:00 pm whitch meant it was already 7:00 pm for Katya. I contemplated calling her just to hear her deep soothing voice but I decided against it not wanting to interrupt her. She was on a business trip right she must be busy.

I can't wait untill Amy gets back I hate being alone it's boring. I can't do anymore work because I just got back, I can't sleep because it's noon, I can't shop because I'm an anxious timid mess I literally can't do anything.

" ughhh." I groaned getting up lightly shoving Turkey off me.

I stood up from the couch and streched walking lazily into the kitchen. I looked around in the fridge and cupboards for food but to my avail there was none.
I have to go grocery shopping wich isn't horrible but not the most fun.

" I guess it's something to do." I said to Turkey crouching down infront of him scratching his ears.

I stood up and went into my room deciding to change first and freshen up. When I finished I grabbed my purse and phone opening up the Uber app. I promised Katya I would at least drive a little bit. I have my license it's not like I can't. I closed the app and fished my keys out of my purse instead. I locked the door and walked down the appartment hallways my denim skirt squeezing my thighs while the flowy sleves of my pink blouse swayed as I moved my arms.

I got down to the parking garage and turned on my car for the first time in weeks. The last time I drove it was to literally bring it here then park. The white car grumbled then turned on the engine falling into a steady hum. I pulled my seatbelt across my chest placed my hands on the wheel took a deep breath then changed gears slowly backing out.

" I'm okay I'm okay I can do Trixie you can do this you can drive." I said to myself as I pulled onto the street heading the store. I drove carefully and when I got to the store I put the car in park and took a moment to dab the sweat off my forhead and hands. After that I got out of the car and took some bags with me heading in the store.

I walked up and down the isles picking out ingredients for borscht. I missed Katya and wanted a reminder of her so I decided to make it. I didn't want to go to the restaurant without her anyway that would be weird. I got to the produce and picked up some beets, carrots, cabbage and onions. When I reached for a lemon another hand was placed on mine, I quickly pulled away letting them take it and looking up.

" oh Privet Trixie sorry didn't mean to steal your uh I only know the word in Russian sorry."

" Lemon." I filled in for him with a smile.

" ah yes lemon thank you, are you making borscht?" He asked looking over into my basket.

" oh um yes, yea I uh I miss Katya so I thought I would make some." I said feeling my cheeks heat up under his gaze.

" you know if your ever missing Katya you can stop by the restaurant your Katya's girlfriend so there will always be a table for you." He said with a smile.

" oh thank you very much." I said my heart swelling a little at the thought of being accepted by Katya's family. Alexie gave me a small wave before he headed off continuing with his shopping.

Alexie pov:

I was at the store picking up more supplies for my restaurant when I saw Trixie. I saw she was going for the lemons so I purposely grabbed the one she was reaching for acting shocked it was her. It was kind of hard to miss her in bright pastle clothing her giant blonde hair surrounding her face. I wanted to check on her and see how she was doing without Yekaterina , she seemed like the more submissive one in the relationship Yekaterina seemed to be her only life line everytime they come to the restaurant. I don't know why Yekaterina chose such a weak timid girl to be her girlfriend I get that she is beautiful but how is she supposed to handle our Russian traditions.

I walked away from Trixie watching her face fall as I assumed she thought of Yekaterina she missed her so I called Yekaterina not caring that it was 10:30 pm I like this Trixie girl she seems to be good for Katya.

" Yekaterina?" I spoke into the phone waiting for a response.

" chego ty khochesh." She replied sleepily.                       ( what do you want?)

" pozvoni svoyey devushke ona skuchayet po tebe." ( call your girlfriend she misses you) I said aimlessly walking around now.

" konechno ona skuchayet po mne pochemu ty zabotish'sya." ( of course she misses me why do you care) " she said grumpily.

" potomu chto yey gurstno v produktovom magazine." (Because she is sad at the grocery store) I said getting annoyed.

" ona plachet ?"                                                              .( is she crying?) She asked suddenly concerned paying more attention.

" Net prosto prozvoni yey."
( no just call her) I said hanging up.

Yekaterina always had this affect on people but I've never seen any one have it on her. She's in love and it's beautiful and about time.