65

Hey guys, sorry it's been like a month. But I'm back with a new chapter for now. I re-read the entire series and gained some inspiration to push through for the last few chapters. Enjoy! 

-----------

Trixie pov: 

After the trial things were kind of hectic. I had to go to meetings with the school down at the district about compensation and making up for the time I wasn't paid for. I ended up getting paid leave until the end of the school year since it was already spring. After that i would be returning full time to Boston Middle. With all this time off I started thinking about the wedding again. This would be the perfect time to plan it but, the whole thing was still kind of up in the air. Katya still hasn't given me the ring back and I honestly don't know if she is even going to. We made up and everything but things still weren't the same. And we also never really talked about what was happening with the engagement when we did make up, we just said we'd maybe slow down a little. And slowing down definitely doesn't involve a wedding. 

Today Katya had to stop into work for some paperwork and emails. Ever since the funeral Katya has been cutting back her hours at the office. She never had to work as much as she did before, I think it was just to she could see Priscilla. Now that she is gone I think it's too hard for Katya to be there. 

With my time off I decided to call my mom. The fateful day that started the downfall of Katya and I's relationship I called her n the phone and it was bad. Katya called her and even heard how bad it was herself. I truly wanted to help my mom and believe she was changing but that call made me worry. I knew Judy and I were good so I didn't avoid her calls, but I think my mom was begging to get suspicious at my constant excused. So, I bit the bullet. I talked to Katya about and she thought it was a good idea too. Judy and my mother are set to escape and fly to us in 1 month so it was better to figure things out now. 

"Hello Beatrice," My mom said when she picked up. She didn't sound mad, maybe just a little surprised. 

"Hey mom," I answered unsure of where to start. 

"Is everything alright dear? Why are you calling?" She sounded like she was moving, probably stepping outside from work. 

"Everything is pretty good, I guess I just need to talk to you about some things," I sighed knowing there was no going back now. 

"I see, is this why you have been avoiding my calls." She sounded a little upset now, I felt kinda bad for doing this over the phone but it really couldn't wait. 

"Yeah, sorry about that," I started. "It's just, do you remember when I called you crying because I got laid off from my job?" I asked wondering if she would take the bait. 

"Yes of course, is that what this is about? I thought the trial was over and this was all done. Why are you bring it back up again?" 

"It's just the way you responded that day, don't you think it was a little insensitive? I get that your trying but don't you think it wasn't something you would have said if you were being conscious about it?" I tried to not sound to harsh or judgmental. I knew this would probably end in an argument so I was trying to make sure it would be a small one. 

"I don't think so at all, you're just being sensitive. That O'hara lady is just like I was and I needed time. It was wisdom." My mother defended. 

"Okay, I can see that. But what about the part when you said Katya and I weren't normal, or that you told Katya I was being over dramatic like how I was with Dane even though you know he abused me? It just didn't seem very...conscious at the time." I tried 

"Why are you bringing all this up now, you're just being difficult Bea, trying to drum up a fight." My mom brushed over what I said. 

"Mom I'm really not, things were so crazy that now is the first time I've actually had the time to talk to you about it. I'm not trying to start a fight, I just want to make you aware of what you're words mean and how they affected both myself and Katya." I pushed trying to make her get it. 

"Beatrice I'm sorry, but I stand by my words. Y'all two aint normal and never will be, at least not to me. It's just the way I was raised. But, I still love you, I just don't understand you and your life style. I don't hate you or Katya." She said breaking my heart. 

"Mom do you know hurtful that is? How do you expect me to take you into my home?" I asked trying not to cry. I really thought I was making progress. 

"I expect you take take me in like a family member should. I will try harder Bea I will but it's strange, i'm not used to it." She tried to defend. 

"Then how do you expect to live with mom? I love you but you can't live with us if you are going to be this way. You have a month to shape up or it will be just Judy here. I'm sorry but I can't have you here if you don't support me and Katya, not after what we just went through. I promise you I' not trying to make things difficult but this is how it has to be." I stood my ground, happy that I was being firm. 

"What do you want me to do Bea I'm at a loss here," She sounded flustered. maybe because I just took away what she had been trying to take advantage of from me, pretending to try when she was staying the same. 

"Treat me no different than if I was straight," I said bluntly. "Be compassionate when i come to you for support and don't hold my sexuality against me. And maybe do some research and talk to Judy about it she can help you." I offered really trying to be helpful. I know I can't ask all that of her and leave her to figure it out on her own, that's not fair. 

"Okay Bea I promise I'll really try and I'll talk to Judy okay?" she didn't sound as frazzled anymore, I'm sure it's because I helped her out. 

"Okay, don't think of trying to lie though, because I'll ask Judy myself Ma," I said seriously. I wasn't going to put up with anymore shit like this. I've dealt with enough for a life time. 

"I promise." My mom whispered. 

"Good." I hung up.