Chapter 68.

"A...bounty hunter? What is a bounty hunter? I've never heard of such a term."

He was surprised, "Huh, they must not be very common where you're from, but here they are everywhere. Bounty hunters are those who chase down criminals or fugitives and turn them over for a reward."

I reared my head back, "A reward for bringing in scum? Where I come from, the rewards from our worthy hunts are their heads as trophies."

Ahzak was speechless at my statement as the beverages he had told 'Giovani' to bring us, the octopus set down 3 drinks onto the table. One was a dark purple liquid with a purple piece of fruit on the edge of the wine glass, as I've learned that was what it was called. Another was a bright pink in a glass that looked like a bowl and a wine glass had offspring, a long and curly transparent tube was sticking out of the beverage. Lastly there was a small brown glass bottle filled with I can only assume a brown liquid, the reptile took the bottle and left the other glasses alone.

Nova reached for the bright pink drink and pulled it toward her, purring happily as she put her mouth on the transparent tube. I took the wine glass of dark purple liquid and pulled it towards me, taking a sniff of the drink. It smelled very nice, it had the sweet scent of something similar to an orange and a familiar scent to the wine back on my ship. I put my human like lips on the edge of the glass and took a small sip from the liquid, and it was by far the best beverage I have EVER had. It was very sweet and somewhat sour, yet had that very unique aftertaste like my wine did.

"Is everything to your liking?" Giovani asks.

I nodded and took another sip with this one a bit larger as Nova was purring while drinking hers, I turned my head to see Zexal drinking from a larger glass of water.

"Yes, thank you Giovani." The reptile said.

"Ah good good!" The octopus waddled away.

Ahzak looked back at me, clearing his throat.

"You really keep heads as 'trophies'?" He asks.

"Of course, but if they are true scum of the universe, we kill them merely out of safety of others." I leaned back in my seat.

"May I ask what species you are?"

That was genuinely a difficult question to answer. What am I supposed to say, I was born from an mutated acidic parasite that laid an embryo into a clone of my father as a host? Or that where I come from there are hundreds of a very deadly hunting species, who in reality should have killed me by now but haven't because I proved myself as a worthy hunter? Such a difficult choice really. I sighed and tapped my chin.

"I am from a species known as Xenomorph, but I am also a hybrid of 4 other species."

"Oh?" Ahzak took a drink from his bottle.

"It is true. I am also part Yautja, Human, Engineer and something unknown. And as far as I know, I'm the only xenomorph like this."

The reptile nodded his head as he listened.

"Well whatever you are, you're exactly what I need for a bounty hunter. And if you were to take this job, I could reward you handsomely for every convict you bring in. Extra if you bring them in fast."

"What would I be rewarded other than a satisfactory hunt?" I drank more of my lovely wine.

"A large sum of money depending on how deadly the fugitive is. It's just like your way of hunting, only instead of having decapitated heads you have something you can use to purchase things. What do you say, Xeno? Will you take the job?"

I do enjoy hunting, but instead of gaining a trophy to proudly show off, I get something I can use in bartering to gain new items. I wonder what Je'Trya, Kritos and Karna would say to this, and does this 'bounty hunting' go against the P'Tuera code of honor? Although that David character could be one of the fugitives I bring in if I were to accept this offer, so could the unknown alien species I am looking for. But if I were to break the code of honor, I would be cast aside like rotten meat. Just like how my mother did to me several months ago.