Chapter 50.

*   *   *   *

Night had come, Zexal exited the Corporal as the P'Tuera weren't paying the vessel any mind. He was bored beyond his mind, desperate to find something to do. Quietly sneaking towards the trees, he noticed Xeno out the corner of his eye. He saw that she was wearing a very long black and red gradient cape, one that he recognized as Turaks when he came to see Xenos trophy. She was headed for the jungle as well, which had given him an idea.

Perhaps he could attempt to woo her again, but this time would be much easier and/or more difficult. He was on her home turf which could mean she will be relaxed and calm, or very aggressive much like back on the space station. Zexal admitted that he was very forceful towards her back on the station and in her own ship, trapping her in hive resin and forcing her to watch a youngling be born. Perhaps this time he should be more attentive and understanding, he knew of her Yautja Grandfather passing away from what he had overheard. The King Xenomorph followed the purple Praetorian into the jungle.

Xeno followed a beaten path into the jungle, not knowing where it lead but her curiosity got the better of her. Her new cape fluttered in the chilled night breeze, the cooler 90 degree temperature was perfect for her. The beaten path through the jungle opened up into a large open clearing, much like a springtime meadow. There patches of several brightly colored wildflowers and a small hill, perfect for just laying in the grass and staring up at the stars and moons. Zexal watched from his distance, curious as to what his potential future queen was about to do.

He was surprised when Xeno went towards the brightly colored flowers, starting to pick them. She picked a color mixture of yellow and vibrant purple flowers, chittering to herself as she did so. The King Xenomorph tilted his head as she began to hold them much like a bouquet of flowers, sniffing them for their sweet scent. Zexal heard her sigh deeply as she lowered her head, taking a seat within the tall grass. It was now or never, he took a deep breath and entered the clearing through the trees. The Praetorian jumped to her feet and turned to face the noise with a loud hiss, unaware that it was Zexal. He cautiously approached her and she eased as it was a familiar face, but she still wasn't pleased that it was him.

"What are you doing here?" She hissed.

"Just simply to see how you were. I like your new accessory." He pointed to her new cape.

Xeno was slightly surprised by his new demeanor, scoffing.

"Why do you care how I am? You didn't seem to care when we first met." She turned away.

"I know, and I am very sorry for my actions towards you. I shouldn't have acted the way I did, but you are the first real female I have met and I did not know what to do."

She slowly turned her head, "Are you saying all those Xenomorphs with you on that station were males??"

"No, those human bastards made them genderless. Except for myself of course. I hope you can forgive me for my actions, and maybe...we could start over with a more friendly conversation?" The King Xenomorph kneeled down.

Xenos tail wagged slightly as she spun around to face him, a smirk upon her face. She walked up the small hill behind her and sat down, setting the bundke of bright colored flowers next to her. Her dome was parallel with Zexals as only stared at her, unsure of what she was doing.

"Alright, Impress me." She chittered.

"How do you mean?" The King was clueless.

"Tell me about you. As in where you came from, interests, likes, dislikes, that sort of thing." She cocked her head to the side.

"Oh I see," he cleared his throat, "I am Zexal. Created by the 'Weyland Yutani' company to be the very first of many controlled Xenomorphs, but unfortunately they made one fatal mistake. Spilling a liquid called 'coffee' onto the controls of my restraints, making them short circuit. They made me waterproof, but not their own equipment? And I thought the prey they gave me was stupid."