Chapter 64.

*   *   *   *

I had gathered my armor from the polishers and was on my way back to Gu'taqs vessel to retrieve my new artificial dome. It feels nice to finally be covered up again, I hate being completely exposed. Perhaps she can remove these cursed bandages as well, I refused to touch them as I didn't want to obscure the healing process of my wounds. The vessel was just up ahead as its silver color clashed with the natural greens and browns of the natural background, I approached the ship and entered.

Walking through the corridors while passing other Yautjas, trying not to accidentally bump into them, I see the doorway to Gu'taqs lab. Of course due to my larger size, I have to duck down in order to enter the room. The head doctor was finishing up something on the monitors as I entered, turning her head to see me.

"There you are, Je'Trya told me you were coming for your new dome. It's right over there." She cocked her head to the left.

When I looked to where she gestured, my new dome sat upon a medical table. It was the same color as my old one, must be the same material as my previous.

"Does this one have the same vision settings as a Yautja hunting mask?" I ask.

Gu'taq paused from her work, turning towards me.

"Um, no. Wait, your old one functioned like a Yautja mask?"

I nod, "It did, yes. Didn't figure it was true until night vision activated on it the first time, then an interesting feature that allowed me to see an individual's pressure points."

"Very interesting, unfortunately no it does not have those features. But I have made it so it is removable in correspondence to the golden ring on your face that holds it in place."

Gu'taq left the monitor and walked towards the medical table, picking up my dome carefully. I kneeled down in order for her to place it upon my face which she carefully did, I heard a clicking sound as the glass was firmly in place. 

"Now to remove it, just simply push it back a smidge and lift upwards. Try it."

I complied and went to remove my mask. Pushing the glass backwards and hearing a click as I lifted upwards, the glass came off with ease. Gu'taq nodded as I carefully put it back into place.

"See? Not much to it."

"That's good, and would it be possible to remove these bandages?"

She nods once more, reaching for the bandage on my left forearm. The doctor began to unroll the thick material, I could see that my fluorescent teal blood had soaked through the greenish bandages a good bit. Gu'taq removed the bandages that covered my first severe wounds, the old bite marks were still very visible as well as a chunk of flesh missing. The doctor stared at them for a moment before moving onto the bandages around my upper bicep.

"You know, I wasn't told about how you got those nasty scars. Do you mind me asking about those?"

"Not at all. They were given to me by my Praetorian brothers, my mother exiled me from the hive after Kritos and Karna returned me to my home asteroid. All because I ate ONE facehugger."

Gu'taq paused, "You ATE one of those parasites??"

"Two actually, a regular and a Queen bearer. But after she exiled me, she sent 2 of my Praetorian siblings to murder me. So when I was modified and we returned to the asteroid, I gathered some weapons and went to kill my Queen."

She finished unrolling another bandage and continued to work as I spoke.

"I did succeed in killing not only her, but the entire hive with a bomb. Since then, I've sworn to kill any xenomorph that I deem as worthy hunt."