Chapter 39.

*   *   *   *

I slowly opened my eyes, the first thing I felt was extreme pain. I gasped sharply as I was paralyzed from how much it hurt. My forearms, head and legs throbbed painfully as I saw my blood all over me and my bedsheets. That's not all, my dome and other modifications lay on the other side of the bed, them being bloody as well. What the hell..? I slowly looked down at myself, my eyes widening at the sight before me.

My entire body was littered with dark red markings, my legs and tail now dangled over the foot of my bed. My dome, metal armor pieces, and leather pieces were gone. My modifications from my arms, head and legs lay on the other side of my bed, covered in my glowing blood. The metal spines on my tail seemed to have stayed, but changed shape. So instead of sharp blades pointing outwards, they curved inward like a wave.

No...I couldn't have...Upon stroking along the sides of my head, my fears were confirmed. My head now matched the shape of the skull sitting on my shelf, one of a Praetorian. The first stage of becoming a Queen...

I screeched at my appearance, a frightened screech occurred to my left. I turned my head to see Nova clutching the stuffed toy I had stolen. She had at least doubled in size since last night, being just as large as the plush canine. I saw my leather pieces over by her, they had large claw marks left in them. My claw marks...The brothers are going to be furious that I ripped their mothers armor!

I jumped out of bed only to fall to the floor writhing in agony, the pain shot throughout everywhere that was exposed. I heard the clicking claws of the neomorph approaching me against the metal floor, I look up to see her sitting in front of me. Nova chortled and cocked her head, seeming rather confused. I got to my knees as more blood streamed down my face and limbs, my breaths strained from holding back roars of pain.

"I'm in pain, Nova...Everything hurts..." I hissed.

The neomorph warbled, walked up to me and wrapped her arms around my waist with a purr. I smiled as she nuzzled closer, I sighed as my fluorescent blood trickled onto her.

"Madam, you have an incoming transmission from Behsa." Tundra rang.

Nova pulled back and looked up at the ceiling, chittering and hissing. Shit, either the brothers or my father will see that I've become a Praetorian!! Or worse, Nova! I pointed to her and then to my bed, telling her to hide.

She understood and darted under the bed just as the holograms of Je'Trya and Kritos appeared to my right, I was still trying to lift myself to at least sit up. Once I did that I faced the 2 holograms, their expressions read both stunned and horrified. I clenched my jaw to keep from screeching in agony.

"Kritos...Je'Trya...to what do I owe the pleasure..?" I clicked.

"Xeno...what the fuck happened to you?!" Kritos snarled.

"I was fine last night but when I woke up, I was different...I'm in extreme pain and as you can see, my modifications were ripped from my flesh..I've tried standing but my legs feel as if they have no strength..."

"Do you know how this happened?" Je'Trya asks.

"I think I might..."

"Xeno stay put, we will depart and come to Earth as soon as possible. We should be there within a few hours." Kritos clicked.

Wait, it took me TWO MONTHS to get to Earth.

"What? How are you going to get here that fast?"

"I've been working on a new technology that allows a ship to travel at a speed called 'Hyperspace', I will inform you more once we arrive. We have your vessel location and will arrive soon."