Chapter 15.

*   *   *   *

Xeno and Karna had finished their training for the day, both of them primarily tired after hours of training. They both retired to their rooms for a few a few hours. The second the xenomorph entered her room, an awful stench hit her senses. She gagged and covered her nostrils, the door shutting behind her. She realized that the stench was emanating from her closet, quickly flinging the doors open to see the decomposing Praetorian head. Xeno removed the rotting skull and looked it over, noticing that a good fraction of the skin had rotted away leaving only the elongated skull.

"Damn, these things decompose FAST. I need to clean this up tomorrow before they find out what I did." She yawned.

Setting the skull back into closet and throwing some blankets over it masked the smell almost entirely, hardly even a trace if it was left. But she did possess a heightened sense of smell, perhaps the brothers wouldn't even realize the scent. With a heavy sigh, the xenomorph approached her bed and collapsed onto it.

*   *   *   *

The next day had come, Xeno awoke with a rather loud yawn and a much needed stretch. There was a knock on the door followed by clicking.

"Xeno, are you awake?" It was Kritos.

"Yes, I am." She chittered.

"Good, because we've touched down on another world."

Xeno perked, flicking her tail with interest. Jumping out of bed she jogged to the door, opening it to see the engineer, purring happily.

"We're on another planet? What is this one known as?" She asks.

"Behsa, one of the most isolated planets in this solar system." Kritos clicked.

She exits her room, "Why did we come here?"

"To hide out for a while, figure out a battle strategy against the bad bloods." He explains.

"Ah, I understand. I'm curious to see this planet, may we go look?"

He nods and steps aside, the serpent zoomed past him and towards the exit. The engineer was startled as her demeanor was just calm and collected, but now she seemed rather excited to see the new sights. Kritos chuckled to himself, following the excited xenomorph to the exit. Xeno reached the exit ramp of the ship and halted, the sight before her was marvellous.

The ship was within an enormous cove. There was a large waterfall leading into a rather large pond surrounded by moss covered rocks, brightly colored flowers lined the water source. The cove was filled with 4 large trees, the canopies sheltered the cove with plenty of shade from the planet's bright white star. There was plenty of space to train out in the open as well, Xeno stared at the beautiful sight before her, exiting the ship. Even the temperature was perfect for them, not too warm and not too cold. She screeched happily and got onto all fours, romping around in the tall grass.

Kritos and Karna walked down the exit ramp to see Xeno playfully running through the grass, clearly enjoying herself. As mature as she was, she still had the wild animal within her. But Xenomorphs were never truly playful unless torturing their prey, and this serpent was doing no such thing other than running through the grass. The serpent then heard the squeak of an animal, lifting her head out of the grass to see where it was coming from. She cocked her head, snorting as she looked around. Then the grass to her left began to move, it immediately caught her attention. Kritos and Karna watched the xenomorph as she lowered herself into the grass and slowly stalked towards the movement.

"Is she..." Kritos clicked quietly.

"Yes, she is hunting. What is she hunting, I don't know. Let us watch." Karna replied.

More squeaking ensued as Xeno cautiously approached the animal, the life form then shrieking and moving to escape the tall grass. The serpent immediately gave chase and sprinted after the creature, staying on its tail. The animal then emerged from the tall grass, it looked to be a hound sized rodent with antlers like that of a deer. The creature sprinted out of the grass as Xeno emerged on all fours, she then launched herself towards the animal with a screech.

The animal shrieked as the purple xenomorph landed on top of it, pinning it under her weight. Then pinning it's head to the ground to keep it from stabbing her with its antlers, lowering her face down towards it. The animal was squirming violently as she wanted to get a better look at the creature, then opening her powerful jaws. A blood red liquid dripped from within her mouth, hitting the shorter grass around them and it starting to sizzle. Xeno hissed, sending her second jaw straight in between the creatures eyes. The creature went limp, a dark blue liquid streamed from the wound.

Kritos just stared in shock at Xeno, her taking her kill into her jaws. Karna purred at how she killed her prey. She may not have hunted truly like a Yautja, but she did end it's suffering quickly. But they were both baffled by the The xenomorph approached the Yautja brothers, still on all fours with the animal in her jaws. She then dropped it at their feet, the red liquid that covered it was eating away at the animals flesh. Both the brothers stared in shock at the new acidic substance, already knowing it was hers. Karna then cleared his throat.

"Congratulations on your first successful hunt, Xeno. It's clear you still have that primal part of you." He clicked.

She purred as she then stood on her 2 feet, the blood colored acid streaming out of her mouth and down her jaw.

"Xeno are you alright? There's a liquid streaming out of your mouth." Kritos said.

"Liquid? What liquid?"

Xeno wiped her mouth, smearing the substance all over her face. She then looked at her hand to see the dark liquid on her skin, unsure of what it was.

"Strange. But if I read that xenomorph information packet correctly, I possess an acid gland." She chitters.

"Xenomorph packet? Oh THAT. I had researched some information about the serpents before I completed the rite of passage and I wrote it down. I didn't know you found that." Karna sighed.

"Well I did, and I was very fascinated. As well as disgusted by their practices, I believe I would prefer to be seen as a Yautja hunter." She then picked up her kill.

"You would need to learn the Yautja ways of hunting, because I am certain that your way may not be seen as honorable." Kritos warned.

"Now that you have killed your first animal, you have a trophy to show. But first you will need to clean it first." Karna said as he inspected the animal.

Xeno perked, remembering she needed to clean the Praetorians head before the smell would be even more noticeable. Learning to clean the rodent would be an excellent start.

"Can you show me how to do that?" She asked.

The Youngblood nods, "Certainly. It's a complicated process, but I think you can handle it."

*   *   *   *

The Super Predators had settled down half a kilometer away from the brothers and Xenomorph, deactivating their ships signal. The Bad Bloods emerged from their vessel and took a good look at the lush jungle around them, clicking in unison at the surroundings. The white star beat down on their reptilian skin, the heat slightly more intense in the sunlight.

"This planet is perfect for my liking." Tracker growled.

"We aren't here to stay, remember that. We are here to kill those Yautja as well as that fucking Xenomorph." Berserker clicked.

"We KNOW, you keep saying it over and over." Falconer snarled.

The Leader whipped his head to his brother with a menacing growl, "Did you fix your drone?"

He nodded, showing his repaired drone.

"Good, now send it out." Berserker ordered.

Falconer pushed a few buttons upon his wrist gauntlet, sending the falcon drone off to observe their targets.