Chapter 45.

*   *   *   *

I let out a pained groan, my vision still somewhat blurry. My entire body was very sore and I felt as if I was hit by a bus. Opening my eyes, I saw that I was looking down at the hive below. Zexal was sitting upon his resin throne, his face hidden in his carapace. His breathing was steady and rasped as he rested. I was silent and went to move only to be held in place.

Looking down at myself, I saw nothing but hive resin surrounding my hands and feet. These bastards plastered me to the wall like I was to be a future host, but they already know what will happen if they attempted to treat me as such. With a loud growl, I thrashed as hard as I could to escape. As strong as I am, my limbs were covered in layers upon layers of hardened nesting material. My struggling seemed to have caught the attention of the King Xenomorph, his face slid from out his carapace.

"Struggling is pointless." He hissed.

"Damn it Zexal, why did you tell your minions to cocoon me?"

He stood from his seat, turning to face me.

"You didn't leave me much of a choice. Killing you would be a shame because in my eyes, you're quite lovely." He purred the last sentence.

I was caught off guard by his statement.

"What is THAT supposed to mean?" I growled.

"Exactly what I said, dear. In due time you will evolve into a Queen-"

"I'm not changing into a damn Queen. Not now, not EVER!"

Zexal was unphased by my aggression, instead he leaned in closer towards my face with a low hiss.

"We shall see about that, perhaps some time being stuck there would do you some good. My dear Xeno, every King needs a Queen..."

He turned and started walking away, leaving me alone in the massive room. Was he trying to...woo me? If so, he is doing a very poor job. Encasing me in hive resin, hitting me so hard I black out, and keeping me hostage in this hive is not the proper way to do so. I may only be 5-6 months old, but I am not a moron in the way of Xenomorph life. Struggling more and more, still made little to no progress other than hearing a few cracks. I was a fool to leave my communicator back on my vessel, even more so to come onto this station. I must think of a way out of my slimy prison.

My limbs were too far out of reach for me to spit my extra corrosive acid, but...my tail! They were foolish enough to leave my axe bladed appendage  exposed, and unaware I can use it like a whip. Swinging my tail upwards, slashing at the hive resin containing my feet and large chunks were sliced away. Excellent, I shall be free from this prison in no time. Hacking away at the nesting material, soon enough my legs swung freely. Next were my arms.

After some hard swings, I fell towards the floor, landing on my feet. I'm free, now to get out of here. Looking around for Jessica, she was still stuck upon the wall, but there was a new facehugger upon her face. She cannot be saved now, even if I were to remove the facehugger she would still suffer. With a defeated sigh, I turn and run out the way Zexal and I had come in from. The way was dark, but my domes night vision activated and I continued running.

I reached the large imprisonment chamber when I was suddenly grabbed from behind from a massive hand around my waist, I screeched as I felt myself be lifted off the ground. Squirming viciously but the hand held onto me tightly, being turned around to see the King Xenomorphs large head. I growled furiously as I continued to thrash only for his grip to tighten, he turned around and started walking back into the hive.

"How rude, I was hoping you would stay a little longer. Worry not, I will bring you back." Zexal purred.

"Zexal put me down, NOW!!" I demanded.