Chapter 28.

*   *   *   *

The ceremony had ended, Kritos, Karna and Xeno walked away with the mark of the P'Tuera. The brothers had the marks upon their foreheads, while Xeno had the mark carved into her skin upon her upper bicep. Hers was still bleeding as they headed back to the vessel, the brothers had gone to sleep and so did most of the village. But the purple xenomorph was outside in the planets blue full moonlight, walking to the town square with the documents and a candle in hand.

She took a seat upon a stone bench, setting the candle aside and opening the top secret folders. The serpent was reading through the papers, the information both intriguing and infuriating her.

"Subjects DNA samples are proving to be quite successful in creating our latest experiment, we are now able to reproduce it within our machines. The subject has outlived his usefulness, perhaps since the queen has passed he will be the perfect host to birth another. -Doctor Groves."

Fuck that Doctor Groves, she thought. That human was psychotic to say the very least, let alone sadistic. She continued reading through the files and reports along with observing the pictures, they showing Je'Trya being prodded with needles and him roaring as they took his samples. As she looked to another document, one specific paragraph immediately caught her attention.

"A small portion of Substance 9376, aka Redrum, will be sent to the asteroid of former LV-426 as experimentation of how the Xenomorph species there will tolerate it. If my theory is correct, the creatures will experience several mutations and become more intelligent than that of a Matriarch. But if the substance is still unstable, it will kill off the entire hive. -Doctor Groves."

She was the only affected ovomorph. The humans of Weyland Yutani Corp had sent the metallic powder to her home asteroid as an EXPERIMENT. Xeno growled angrily and nearly threw the entire stash of information into the candle to incerate it, but a voice stopped her just in time.

"Xeno? What are you still doing awake?"

She looked up to see Kritos along with Je'Trya approaching her.

"How did you know I was here?"

"I went to check on you and you weren't there, Je'Trya and I ran into one another and he saw you come here. Now what are you doing?" Kritos sat on the bench next to hers.

Je'Trya sat on the opposing bench to Kritos and looked to the xenomorph, Xeno sighed and looked to them both.

"I'm reading through the documents I stole from that human facility of Weyland Yutani, it's a project called Project Redrum."

"Oh you're reading through them again?"

Je'Trya took some of the papers and attempted to read through them, Kritos took one of the papers and squinted at them, unsure of what they said.

"You can read English? What do they say? Neither of us can read these." Kritos asks.

"Well, this one in my hands explains that the metallic pigment that's on my home asteroid is known as Substance 9376, or Redrum for short, was sent there for an experiment on how well Xenomorphs could handle it. If they lived, they suffered mutations. The facehugger carrying me was covered in the pigment and it experienced mutations as you saw on Je'Tryas clone, and as you can see me now, I am no normal xenomorph."

The Yautjas were silent as they looked to each other, both of them speechless on what to add on.

"I'm one of those humans experiments, the only survivor. If there were others, the explosion from me destroying my hive had to have killed them." She growled.

"You didn't have to kill your hive, you know." Kritos clicked.

"Yes, I did. If I hadn't, my hive would have gathered more hosts and made those humans happy with their experiment."

Kritos huffed.

"They used my DNA and mixed it with Xenomorph Chitin to create that acidic pigment. It doesn't affect Yautjas but it's deadly to other Xenomorphs, which is rather ironic considering we are affected by acid and serpents are not." Je'Trya said with a low growl.

The engineer thought to himself on the matter. Xeno took the papers back from the Yautjas, put them in the right order and placed them back in the correct folders.

"The human facility was known as Weyland Yutani, Correct?" Kritos asks.

"Yes." Xeno and Je'Trya said simultaneously.

"Hmm, I think I know of someone who could find information on them."

"Who, Sth'vak?" She asked.

He nods. Xeno rolls her hidden eyes, she still did not trust that Yautja after what he did.

"Who is Sth'vak?" Je'Trya asks.

"A scientist back upon Yautja Prime. He is technically considered a Bad Blood but he and his clan still follow their code of honor."

Xeno's father squinted at the mention of Bad Blood, snarling angrily.

"Sth'vak may be a Bad Blood but he's also very intelligent. He gave Xeno those upgrades and parts, he actually saved her life. If it weren't for him, you would still be upon that planet as a host for that royal parasite if he hadn't saved her." Kritos argued.

The Elite warrior looked to his biological daughter, looking at her glass dome as well as the metal armor fused into her arms and legs. She had suffered so much along with her genetic mutations, and Kritos was right. If she was dead, he would be dead too. And worse, that there would be a Predalien Queen. The Yautja sighed in aggravation before looking to the engineer.

"I want to meet this Sth'vak. But if he attempts anything, I will keep his head." He growled.

"That's more than fair because I personally want a chat with him as well." Xeno smirked.

"We leave at sunrise." Je'Trya stated.

*   *   *   *

Doctor Groves was tearing his office apart looking for his documents, unable to find them anywhere. He was also furious that the Xenomorphs were released by an unknown traitor as well as having no new Queen for the serpents, he was beyond livid. Papers, pencils and pens, books, shattered glass and covered the floor, even his own blood from where he had smashed his glass beaker with his bare hands.

"WHERE ARE MY FUCKING DOCUMENTS?!" The human shouted.

He was about to smash something else when he looked up to the corner of his office, seeing the one camera he had. His anger slowly faded as he chuckled, leaving the room and headed for the security room not far from his office. Groves stormed into the security room and turned on the monitors, footage of almost every room appearing at his fingertips. Rewinding the footage to a few days prior during the Xenomorph outbreak, he was mainly focused on his office and the ventilation system above his workspace.

Pausing it where the young female scientist entered his office, the purple xenomorph was upon the monitor. She was quietly placed over the vent and looking into the room, observing the 2 converse. After the 2 left, the serpent entered the office. It looked around, snagged his precious documents off his desk and dove back into the vents. Groves was fascinated by her intelligence as well as abnormal features, now understanding what she was.

"It seems that one Xenomorph has been affected by Redrum..." he chuckled.