Chapter 49.

*   *   *   *

Father and I had begun to empty Grandfather's enormous bedroom of his belongings. Dozens upon dozens of skulls upon one wall, including those of several xenomorph species including even a Queens head. The room even had a door out to a balcony overlooking the entire village, this home is almost like a castle or mansion. Je'Trya was insistent that the servants take the day off while him and I did the heavy lifting, I personally didn't mind whatsoever. I found it amusing that I could carry much heavier items than my father, and he was a sore sport about it too.

He was moving some of the larger skulls into crates while I was searching through a large wooden desk near the door. Many books littered the top of said desk, most of them were fictional stories while one of them was unmarked. I recognized it as the same book he was reading before I left and from a few days ago. I was very curious as to what it was, I picked up and opened the book. There were handwritten sentences upon the pages, it was Grandfather's penmanship. It seems that this is an entry journal, I took a seat on the floor and stared at the book. I shouldn't be doing this as its considered an invasion of privacy, but I flipped through the pages to see what they withheld. I stopped on a random page and began to read.

*Entry 532 7-23-54,

Je'Trya is coming along exceptionally with his training. He has quickly ascended to the rank of Elite in under 5 years of hunting and combat, I am very proud of my son. If he continues with his intense schedule and continues to succeed, I believe he will become a very successful leader of the P'Tuera clan one day after I am gone. Judging by my slowly worsening condition, I fear that it will not be long until then. He must begin to complete his 5 hive cleansings to prove himself worthy of becoming clan leader as per P'Tuera tradition.*

I never expected Grandfather to be one to write down his thoughts, I wonder what else is in here.

"Xeno, what are you reading?" Je'Trya clicked.

I turned my head to face him.

"Are you aware that Grandfather kept an entry journal?"

Father looked very surprised, he stopped stacking skulls into the crates.

"I was not. My father never mentioned anything of the sort."

"Well, in this one entry he is saying how proud he was of you during your intense training."

Je'Trya seemed to soften, "What else is in it?"

"I don't know, we will have to keep reading it. Perhaps we could take a short break." I clicked.

He nodded in agreement and came over, taking a seat across from me on the hard floor beneath us. I flipped through more of the pages, stopping a little over halfway into the journal. I began to read aloud.

*Entry 817 2-14-55,

My fellow comrades and myself heard the sounds of Yautja warriors roaring and the ripping of flesh from the ancient temple, curiosity got the better of us as we went to investigate the matter. As no one is allowed within the temple unless on special occasions, it was even more mind boggling as to who was there. We followed at the source of the noises, we entered the main arena of the temple to see a purple xenomorph drone ripping 3 infamous Bad Bloods, the Super Predators, apart with such ease while protecting 2 critically injured Yautja warriors. For reasons unknown, the Yautjas looked very familiar to me. Couldn't quite put my finger on it.

Upon further inspection, the serpent is female and prefers to be called Xeno. Her intelligence of Yautja communication was abnormal for a lowly serpent, I was intrigued.  She spoke of destroying her own hive singlehandedly and having her brothers skull, she even provided proof. When she spoke of how she emerged from my son's torso, I wanted to rip her head clean off her shoulders. But the Yautjas explained it was a clone of Je'Trya, saying he possessed human DNA. Upon hearing this, I offered her to find my son in exchange for the Yautjas freedom. She boldly accepted despite the large risk of being executed if she failed, as if she was swallowed by her own pride.