Chapter 57.

The Yautja was less than pleased. Enraged, he slashed his wristblades to and fro at me. I used my combistick to block his oncoming attacks, managing to shield myself from most off the attacks. One unlucky blow sliced my inner thigh, causing me to snarl out of pain as more blood ran down my leg. I spat acid at him once more, hitting his shoulder and dissolving the exoskeleton. Spitting at this beast will take too long, I must find another way to disable his beloved exoskeleton. Glancing around at my surroundings for anything remotely helpful, my eyes landed upon a tall lightpost. It gives me an idea.

If this hybrids protective shell is powered by neural or electric waves, then a quick shock should disable the exoskeleton long enough to allow me to leave damage as I did before. I backed away from the Yautja in the direction of the lightpost, he followed with his only arm raised to slash at me. As I drew closer to the lightpost, the beast chuckled.

"I thought you wanted a fight! Now you cower!" He snarled.

As my back hit the post and the Yautja was upon me, I grinned as he raised his wristblades.

"Looks can be very deceiving."

He slashed at me, I ducked and avoided the blades as they sliced only halfway through the lightpost. The Yautja lit up like a fire as bolts of electricity surrounded him, roaring in agony as he was heavily electrocuted from the inner workings of the lightpost. With a strong kick to his private area, the beast hit the ground a good distance away from me. Smoke rolled off his skin as I saw his exoskeleton deactivate, my hypothesis was correct! If I can keep this up, he shall fall sooner than expected. But I don't believe he will fall for the lightpost again, so I must find alternatives. I approached him and placed my clawed foot on his chest.

I screeched and thrust my combistick deep into his shoulder, more green blood gushed from the Yautja as he grunted loudly. But then his exoskeleton reformed, it still was dissolved where I had spat at him. It would seem I have a very limited time to attack him after he's electrocuted, time I cannot afford to lose. He then roared and sat up, catching me off balance. The beast took the opportunity to kick my legs out from under me, I yelped as my back hit the ground along with the human gun I was carrying. Surprisingly, my razor spine hasn't even scuffed Grandfather Turaks cape, must be a tough material. The Ultimate Predator got to his feet and towered over me, ripping the combistick free from his shoulder and throwing it aside.

"Nice try, little serpent. But I am infused with some of the very same material that you are! Redrum!"

Sth'vak, you ASSHOLE!! He must've removed the powder from my facehugger, it's the only way this beast could have it. NO. Redrum or No Redrum, he will DIE. I spat acid again, this time at his knees. The Yautjas knees buckled and he fell to a knee as his exoskeleton sizzled, I used the time to retrieve my combistick. I began climbing up the walls of the central building to get up to Je'Trya, his scent was strong up there. After reaching the top, I saw my father sitting against a steel electrical box with his arms bound behind his back. He turned his head to see me as I ran towards, screeching to a halt next to him and kneeling down to free him.

"Father, are you alright?" I started slashing at the ropes with my claws.

"Other than a fractured femur, I am fine."

The ropes came loose and fell to the floor, the Elite rubbed his wrists. It was then I noticed the large hole in his leg, it was made from a Combistick judging from the size and circumference. It wasn't bleeding as profusely as it should be, so it must be  an aged wound. I assisted my father to his feet as the enlarged Yautja had launched himself from the ground below, landing on the roof of the building 20 feet away. When he saw me assisting Je'Trya, he scoffed.

"A serpent helping a Yautja?? This world must have  entered an alternate universe! And You? You ALLOW a serpent to touch you without the worry of death or potential impregnation??"

"I don't kill anyone without a good reason, and I CERTAINLY do NOT impregnate others." I snarled.

"This Xenomorph is different, you overgrown FUCKER." Je'Trya growled.

The Ultimate Predator began to laugh, it bellowed across the rooftops.

"Even if she is, that doesn't change the fact that she is still PREY. I would've thought that especially the P'Tuera would hunt her as the ultimate trophy, but it would seem the 'strongest' Yautja Clan has gone soft!"

I was livid. I lead Je'Trya towards the wall of the edge, setting him down against it and slowly approaching the electrical box.

"I may be considered prey, but this 'prey' has more kills under her belt. As headstrong as I am to defeat you, I am also eager to see if you can strike me down. Now prove that you can!"

The Ultimate Predator ran at me with his one arm raised, the floor beneath us shook with every step he took. Je'Trya was roaring at me to tell me move, but he didn't know what I was planning. I stood perfectly still as the Yautja was about to thrust his wristblades into my chest, then I swiftly moved out of his way. Just like with the lightpost, he was heavily electrocuted and fell to his knees. My time is limited to attack, so I reached for the firearm I had brought with me. 35 ammunition left, that will do. After taking quick aim after his exoskeleton deactivated, I opened fire and unleashed a barrage of ammunition into his back.

Blood gushed from new bullet sized wounds and his back arched, then my gun ran out of ammunition. I should've grabbed more of those clips or one of the more equipped rifles, but I can figure something out. Throwing the gun off to the side, the Yautja whipped to face me as his exoskeleton reformed once again. He charged me and this time it caught me off guard, he grabbed me by the throat and brought me close to his mandibled face. I grasped his arm as I was struggling to breathe, coughing and sputtering.

The Ultimate Predator leaned his head back then thrusted his forehead at my glass dome, the sound of glass shattering filling my ears. I screeched as some glass pieces sliced through my flesh, more of my glowing teal blood flowing out of me. The Yautja threw me to the ground as hard as he could, I grunted as I closed my eyes. The world around me was much brighter without the dim protection from my artificial dome, almost too bright.

He chuckled.

"Pathetic, I thought you were a worthy fight. But now...the P'Tuera Leader is to die, and you are going to watch."

I could hear the overgrown Yautja as he was slowly but surely headed towards my father with my sensory organs. I cannot fight the beast if I cannot even see it, I have failed....

"Mom!! Get up!! Please, you promised!!" I heard Nova's voice echo within my mind.

"Xeno, get up! Remember who and what you are!!" Then Zexals.

Remember who and what I am...I am a Xenomorph who suffered several genetic mutations. A xenomorph who killed her entire hive singlehandedly, killed 3 Bad Bloods, 52 humans and a Queen Mother. I am a motherly figure for a neomorph, a potential mate for a king xenomorph. But most importantly....I am a Blooded P'Tuera warrior. I follow my clans code of honor to the very end, even if it costs me my own life.

A burning feeling filled my heart, but it wasn't hatred...It was something else, not pride either. The burning sensation grew only stronger and stronger.

*   *   *   *

Xeno rose to her feet as her back faced the Ultimate Predator. The enlarged Yautja heard the serpent growling and halted from delivering a fatal blow to Je'Tryas face, both Yautjas turning to see her. The Praetorian slowly turned around to face them, her eyes snapped open. Her eyes had slit pupils much like a snakes and were a bright blue transitioning into hot pink at the outer ring, her eyes were a sight of both beauty and horror. Her skull was revealed to be a tannish color, shaped as they were curving backwards towards her Praetorian head crest. Xeno's eyes narrowed as she looked towards her large foe, bearing her teeth with a menacing growl.

The Ultimate Predator was dumbfounded at the sight of her actual face.

"Who are you..." He muttered.

"I am the first blooded Xenomorph warrior of the P'Tuera. The first Xenomorph, Yautja, Human hybrid. The first serpent to eliminate her own hive and xenomorph family. But most importantly..."

She took large and menacing steps towards the monster, her axe bladed tail swung slowly from side to side.

"The Purple Xenomorph."