Chapter 9.

"The Super Predators? Who are they if I may ask?" The serpent asked.

"These 'Yautja', if they can be considered that, are brothers and are the most ruthless Bad Bloods we've seen. They're highly unpredictable and enjoy torturing their targets before they slaughter them, completely disregarding the code of honor. They aren't normal Yautja by any means." The engineer growled.

"And their names?" She asked.

"No one knows...But they call themselves Falconer, Tracker, and Berserker. The Falconer possesses a falcon drone, the Tracker has several fiendish hounds, and the Berserker is the leader of the small team..." The Youngblood caught his breath.

"But Karna, if they were looking for us, wouldn't they have recognized you immediately?" Kritos asked.

"Yes, they would have. Sth'vak may have revealed our names, but it would seem that he failed to mention our appearances." Karna clicked.

"Oh good...then that gives us an advantage." Kritos sighed of relief.

Xeno went over to the sink in the bar, grabbed a metal cup and filled it with water. Once it was full enough, she brought it to the younger Yautja and handed to him. Karna stared at the serpent questionably, wondering why she was showing him kindness after how he had previously treated her. He took the cup from her and began taking several gulps, finishing in a matter of seconds. Karna sighed and set the cup down on the checkered table.

"Why do you show me kindness after what I said?" He asks her.

"Because I understand that it was hard for you to see me wearing your predecessors armor. I was informed of what had happened to her during your absence, and I truly am sorry. But please know that I had no intention of upsetting you, so forgive me that I had." Xeno chittered.

"And I am sorry as well for how I treated you..."

Karna truly did guilty for how he previously spoke to her, as did Xeno for how she unintentionally brought back his painfully memories. Perhaps the two were beginning to grow a bond with one another. Kritos watched at how his brother was finally beginning to warm up to the xenomorph, a small smirk on his face. But he knew they couldn't stay in the area with the Bad Bloods roaming around.

"We shouldn't stay in this area, the Super Predators could show up soon. I'll start the ship and we can leave."

"That's a good idea." Karna replied.

Kritos left the room to start the vessel.

*   *   *   *

The brothers and xenomorph were once again flying through the vast darkness of space. She was now in one of the spare bedrooms within the ship, staring out through the large window she had. She was observing the stars and planets they passed them by, fascinated by the sight and sheer size of them. Resting her chin on her arms as they rested upon the windowsill, she sighed as her troubled thoughts swam around within her mind.

"Why did my mother just throw me aside..? Why didn't she love me like my other siblings? Is being part Yautja such a crime? She's creates facehuggers that impregnate any living species besides other Xenomorphs, so Yautja hybrids wouldn't be uncommon. Did...She LIE to Me? Why would she do that?" She thought to herself.

Xeno felt a strange burning feeling in her chest, she put her gloved hand over where her heart was. The feeling only grew more intense the more she thought of what her mother previously sentenced her to, a menacing growl rumbling in her chest.

It was Hatred, along with a mixture of anger. The serpent despised her biological mother, she despised her  brothers and sisters, she despised the entire Xenomorph species that she came from. Xeno roared, it sounding much like a Yautja roar, and punched the wall as hard as she could, a huge deep dent forming from the amount of force she had used. She breathed heavily while snarling and keeping her balled fist where it was in the wall, her anger slowly diminishing as only the hatred remained in her heart. There was a knock on the door.

"Xeno?? Are you alright in there?" Kritos' voice came from the other side.

Xeno sighed and unballed her fist, approaching the door as it then opened.

"Yes, I am fine." She chittered.

"Then what did I hear..?" He peered past her to see the large dent in the wall near her bed.

"I may or may not have punched the wall, I was thinking of my previous home. How my mother simply cast me aside, as did my other siblings." She sighed.

"Try not to think about it too much. You have Karna and me now, and we have you." Kritos pat her shoulder.

Xeno smiled somewhat.

"I was about to check our weaponry inventory, Karna and I take turns in checking at the end of every week. Perhaps you may want learn about some of them." The engineer offered.

"That I would." She clicked.

They left her room and made their way towards the same storage room where they had first encountered one another, entering it and the familiar sight made the serpent purr with interest. Kritos picked up a datapad and began looking over the weapons, tapping his claw upon the screen to check things off the list. Xeno stared at the several weapons resting on the walls, carefully looking at each one.

The first thing that caught her attention was a stick handle, she tilted her head and chittered as she reached for it. She removed it from its resting place and looked at stared down at the weapon in her hands.

"What is this?" She asks.

Kritos glances at her, "That is called a flare, it is a very flammable light source when ignited. It crackles and pops, which startles off any wild animals or perhaps catches their attention."

"Including Xenomorphs?" Xeno looks to him.

He nods as he continues to glance in between the weapon shelves and his datapad, checking things off. She set the flare back upon its shelf and proceeded to look around at the other weapons, another interesting one was a small rectangular silver box.

"And this one?" The purple xenomorph pointed to the device.

"That's a bomb, most Yautja carry one on themselves. If they lose a battle they initiate self destruct, so other intelligent species don't steal our technology. Karna and I don't carry one as we don't tend to visit other planets other than our own." Kritos explains.

"So which weapons would be the most efficient for hunting?" Xeno asks.

Kritos sets the datapad down upon a shelf and goes around the room, gathering a weapon from a lower shelf and setting it upon a repairment table. She watched as he repeated the process while he grabbed 4 more weapons from the shelves, including the flare and bomb.

The weapons consisted of the flare, the bomb, what looked to be a device similar to Karnas shoulder cannon, a silver wrist gauntlet with wristblades, and last but not least a cloaking device. Xeno looked at the weapons before her as Kritos gestured to them.

"These would be the most efficient for a hunt. The plasma caster is for ranged attacks and the blades for melee attacks, and this device is for cloaking to be unseen by your prey or enemies. You already know about the flare and bomb." The engineer said.

"What about that?" She pointed to what looked like a gun with a hose running to a gas tank backpack.

"That is just my torch, that's in here because of the damage you left to the vent grate when you made a quick escape. If you're not careful, the torch can easily become a flamethrower. The materials we gathered from the asteroid should be melted into sheet metal by now." Kritos moved the torch to another shelf.

"I apologize about that, and the materials you gathered from my home are used for ship repairs?"

"Certainly, the rocks and minerals are rich in some of the strongest ores we know of. But resulting in how much was needed for these repairs, we will need to visit your home rather soon." The Yautja growled.

'Oh wonderful, just peachy..' She thought.