Chapter 8.

*   *   *   *

Kritos had lead Xeno back into the armory for her to choose from all the sorts of armor upon the wall, she gazed upon the several choices and contemplated carefully. She mainly noticed some leather clothing over anything else, she chirped and approached the leather pieces. The Yautja was silent as the xenomorph picked up what looked to be a leather bra piece, her looking at it curiously as well as picking out the rest of the set.

"Interesting choice." Kritos said.

"Why's that?" Xeno asks.

"Those used to belong to our mother." The Yautja sighed.

Xeno felt sadness emanating from Kritos.

"Oh...I am so sorry. I can choose something else." She went to put the pieces back.

"No no, it's fine. You chose them, you can keep them. In fact, they actually look like they would fit you. Try them on, I won't look." Kritos turned his back to her.

Xeno looked at the bra piece in her hands, undoing the buckle on the neck piece so it would be easier to put on. She slipped her masculine arms through the correct gaps, the piece fit her perfectly as she rebuckled the neck piece behind her head. The serpent then grabbed 2 other pieces, 2 leather bands and slipped one over her right hand up to her upper bicep, and did the same to the other over her left. She then grabbed a fingerless glove and slipped it onto her 4 fingered left hand, it fit perfectly as well. The final pieces were a belt and one final leather band, Xeno adjusted and buckled the belt around her waist and finally slipped the last leather band around her ankle duclaw and up her right leg.

"Okay, I'm done. You may look now." The xenomorph clicked.

Kritos turned around and stared in awe at Xeno wearing their mothers armor pieces. He hadn't been reminded of their mother in years, neither had Karna. And both were happy to not be reminded of their mother and her brutal demise, but seeing Xeno wearing the armor made the engineer feel they had another family member present.

"What do you think?" She asks.

"It fits you very well-"

"Hey! Our kill is all portioned! Either of you hungry?" Karna interrupyed with a loud roar from another room nearby.

"One minute! On our way!" Kritos roared back.

Xeno perked at the mention of food, her tail starting to wag excitedly. The older Yautja chuckled at the Xenomorphs reaction as him and her left the room to go eat. They walked through the corridor and into another large room, the area served as a multipurpose room. There was an alien version of a billiards table, 2 chairs facing a small table with a checkers/chessboard like pattern upon it, a bar area with stools, as well as a bookshelf. Xeno marvelled at the new sights and curiously sniffed around.

"This is the multipurpose room, a room that serves many purposes. Such as library, game room, kitchen, and bar." Kritos explained to her.

"Fascinating." She chittered.

Karna was standing at the bar area as he was preparing 2 servings of the meat for his brother and Xeno, he looked up to see the two approaching him.

"It's about time you-" The young hunter then noticed what Xeno was wearing.

Karna's eyes widened at the sight of her wearing their mothers armor, silent as his stunned stare turned into a scowl.

"Why is she wearing THAT? WHY?!" He growled.

Xeno tensed and took a step back, whimpering at Karnas hostile reaction.

"Karna! Mother would not want her armor to just sit around and collect dust, she would want it to be passed down to a warrior." Kritos snarled.