Chapter 7.

*   *   *   *

Xeno lay curled up in one of the medical beds, fast asleep with her tail wrapped around herself. The brothers had gone out hunting as they were low on food, as well as hoping to find something for the serpent.

Karna hid in the treetops as he searched around with his thermal vision, spotting a rather large animal not too far away. He signalled to Kritos that he was going for it, to which the older Yautja returned with a nod. The young hunter walked along the tree branches almost silently as the animal was completely clueless to its impeding doom. Karna was now right over top of his prey, summoning his wristblades.

The animal turned its head to look around, seeing nothing in its line of vision. It snorted and continued to graze, it's life about to be cut short in moments. The Yautja jumped from the tree branch and fell onto the creatures back, jamming his wristblades into the animals neck. It shrieked and began to buck and kick as Karna hung on for dear life, swiping his wristblades swiftly and decapitating the poor animal.

The creature fell with a thud, bleeding from its laceration. Karna sighed and shook his head with a chuckle, Kritos came up to both his brother and their food.

"That never gets old. I still don't understand why you didn't become a hunter." Karna said.

"As I've said before, I just never saw the pleasure in it. But if you do, that's your choice."

The older Yautja went to grab a hold of one of the animals legs, and that's when he heard a beep coming from his robotic arm. Karna lifted his head and looked to his brother, his head tilted in confusion. Kritos looked to where the beeping was coming from, seeing the green light and pushing the button. A hologram appeared before him, revealing the report that Sth'vak and his students had released about Xeno. As he read through the symbols, fury grew within the engineer as he roared loudly.

"THAT FUCKING TRAITOR!!" He shouted.

"What happened?" Karna asks.

"Sth'vak or one of his students squealed about Xeno." Kritos growled.

"HE WHAT?! He didn't squeal about us, did he??" The hunter snarled.

"Fortunately no. It only says that there is a xenomorph more intelligent on the loose on Yautja Prime. Let us get your kill back to the ship while we figure this out." The engineer sighed.

Karna nods and grabs one of the animals legs while Kritos grabbed another leg, they lift the heavy animal from the ground and begin walking back towards the Genesis. They trudge through mud and heavy brush, gunking up their metal boots and armor. After they reached the vessel, they set the animal down on the ramp into the vessel and wash themselves off in a stream near the ship. Once they were cleaned up, they enter the vessel to place the animal in their cold food storage.

"While you skin and clean the animal, I will check on Xeno." Kritos said.

"She's probably still sleeping, but alright." Karna dragged the animal away with one arm.

The engineer approached the infirmary door, trying not to awaken Xeno were she still asleep. The doors swished open and he peered in, seeing the serpent awake and sitting up in bed, looking down at the necklace she'd taken from Je'trya's cadaver. Xeno lifted her head up to see Kritos looking in, she looked back down at the necklace in her hands.

"Hey...how are you feeling?" He asks and enters the room.

"I already know about the report on me, I never trusted that scientist you took me to from the second I awoke." Xeno growled.

Kritos was silent and wide eyed as he wasn't even planning on tell her about the report.

"How did you become aware of that?" He asks.