Chapter 40.

*   *   *   *

Kritos began cutting pieces of a much stronger piece of gold colored metal with his torch, it's strength matched that of the pieces of the Redrum infused steel. He added a few extra inches to the pieces as he began to shape them similarly to her previous steel implants. While the engineer was forging the armor, the same piece of glass that was her previous was being sharpened within the oven. After the pieces were cut, he took them towards an anvil. He began pounding the metal against a curved mold with a large hammer, the clanging echoed throughout his entire work station. During this, the Elite Warrior entered the room and watched the engineer at work.

Kritos was very focused on his work and didn't even notice Je'Trya standing in the doorway. He lifted one of Xeno's old arm pieces and compared it to his current piece, it being much larger but also a very similar shape. After pounding it a few more times, it was an exact match. Kritos nodded to himself and moved onto another piece, looking up to see his future clan leader watching him. He moved on to pound the new piece.

"So this is what you chose over hunting?" Je'Trya asks.

"Yes, hunting was just not in my interests." The Engineer replied.

"I see. Well I must say you are quite skilled at it."

Kritos only nodded as a reply as he started pounding the new piece of gold colored metal. Je'Trya walked around and glanced at the tools upon the wall, including seeing the same torch that the purple xenomorph had used to kill her hive. The torch especially caught his interest, but he didn't even know why. The Elite approached the backpack torch and stared at it, clicking curiously. The Engineer saw Je'Trya staring at his powerful tool in his peripherals, stopped pounding and turned his head.

"That is the torch I use for making repairs."

"I don't know why, but I strangely feel like I've used it."

Kritos was silent, "Come again?"

"Yes, I feel as if I've used it before." The Elite growled.

"While Karna and I were on the LV-426 asteroid, Xeno snuck out while we gathered materials and used it on her own hive. She also took one of our bombs and blew it out of existence."

Je'Tryas amber eyes widen, both in astonishment and shock.

"While I was still imprisoned by those humans, I had a vision of a dark blue Xenomorph Queen being consumed by flames. As if I wasn't in my own body."

The engineer reared his head back, "That's what Xeno said happened when she turned and ran after activating the bomb, are you saying you saw through her eyes?"

"I do not know. I DO know that when I first saw her, I was going to attack but something told me I shouldn't."

Kritos thought to himself. How is it possible that Je'Trya saw through the Xenomorphs eyes? Or that he felt a need to not kill her?

"Is it possible that you 2 share a telepathic link?"

The Elite shrugged, "As I said, I do not know. But that may explain why I care for her as she does me, you, your brother and that 'neomorph'. But here's my question, why do you and your brother care about her?"

The engineer went to speak, but he couldn't think of a proper reason why HE did. Karna grew attached to Xeno over their shared love of hunting, but Kritos was just instantly attached to her.

"I cannot give you a proper reason other than I have a soft heart, it somehow hasn't cost me or my brother any harm. But I know when to trust my instincts, and with Xeno I felt as if she was different. Karna and I were expecting a Predalien to spawn from that clone, but we were pleasantly surprised when she didn't turn out as one."

Je'Trya nodded and left as Kritos went back to pounding the golden steel.

*   *   *   *

Kritos was polishing the finished pieces of Xenos new modifications, her newly shapened glass dome sat upon a table as it was done cooling off. He gathered the golden pieces of armor into his arms, the dome in his free hand. The Engineer carried the pieces towards the infirmary of the Genesis, which fortunately was only down the corridor a little ways. He entered the large room filled with new medical equipment and supplies, including the same things Sth'vak had used on the purple serpent. The Yautja set the pieces upon a table, laying out each part separately to make it easier.

Now it was time to bring Xeno in and begin the surgery process. Kritos left the room and exited his ship, walking towards the warehouse in the warm Earth sunlight. For any human, 105 degrees would be much too hot. But for Yautjas, it was a little chilly. He entered the warehouse and then Xeno's ship, headed for her room. Karna was standing outside her bedroom door leaning against the wall, seeing his brother come closer.

"Something wrong?" Kritos asks.

"What? No. I saw that Queen Mothers head down in the cargo hold, and HO-LY SHIT. It's huge! You should see it!" Karna hissed.

Kritos chuckled, "I'll take a look at it once I'm done implanting Xeno's new mods. I might need your help carrying her to the ship."

"Alright."

They entered the Xenomorphs room to see Xeno sitting up in her bed, the toddler sized neomorph cuddling her as a way of company. As Karna hadn't seen Nova yet, he looked to his brother. The Engineer shook his head with a low growl, telling him not to attack. The youngblood grumbled under his breath as they approached the 2 serpents, the Praetorian turning her head to see them.

"You finished?" She asks.

He nods, "Yes. Can you walk?"

She sighed and shook her head.

"No. I tried when I first woke up, but that failed miserably."

"Alright then, we'll carry you to the Genesis."

Xeno gently nudged Nova to get off, the neomorph complied and jumped down onto the floor. Kritos and Karna awkwardly lift the xenomorph from her bed, both of them struggling a bit as she was now much heavier than before. Both of them did their best to avoid her newly shaped metal spines, doing a fairly good job as they awkwardly carried her out of her room.

Nova hissed and followed after them, trying to nibble at the brothers ankles. Fortunately their steel armored boots prevented any injury, but it did make Kritos chuckle. Xeno glanced down at the little neomorph with a chortle.

"It's okay Nova, they're going to help me."

She seemed to understand, but was still defensive as they carried her out of the ship and out the warehouse doors. The brothers took Xeno into the Genesis and Nova followed them as they took her towards the infirmary. They entered the infirmary and laid the purple Praetorian upon a medical bed, her head, shins and tail hanging over each end of it. Nova jumped onto another bed and sat down, watching as Karna took a step back.

"Damn, you're a lot heavier than before."

"I'm sure I am." She chuckled.

Kritos prepped a syringe filled with a clear liquid, approaching her and flicking the needle.

"This will knock you out long enough for me to implant everything, and I got the leftover painkillers from Sth'vak that you left behind for when you wake up."

She nods, "Do it."

He injected it into her neck, the Praetorian hissed at the prick of the needle. Nova hissed and looked ready to pounce as he removed the syringe.

"Nova, it's okay..I promise you..." She yawned.

Xenos eyes slowly closed as she went unconscious. Kritos then picked up a golden piece that would go upon her arm, starting the process of fixing the xenomorph.