Chapter 19.

*   *   *   *

The next day had come. The xenomorph was outside in the cove swimming in the shallow pond, cooling herself from the harsh heat. This day was much hotter than usual. The brothers weren't truly bothered by it as Yautjas preferred hotter climates,  but Xeno didn't prefer it to be hotter than 110 degrees Fahrenheit. Kritos and Karna were sitting in direct sunlight, enjoying the heat to it's finest. The xenomorph then crawled out of the pond, water running down her skin. She was now cooled to a temperature she enjoyed, purring happily as she stood to full height.

"How can you two sit in DIRECT SUNLIGHT?? Isn't it scorching?" She hisses.

"Yes, and it's perfect. How can YOU be hot?" Kritos teased.

"Must be my human DNA. And are we going to leave this planet soon? We've been here almost a week and it's boringggg." The serpent whined.

The brothers looked at each other, then back to her.

"You found a Yautja temple lost to time yesterday, that is such an honor. You think that's boring?" Karna asks.

"No, I'm bored of just sitting here and training. Can we go exploring again?"

"Sorry, Karna and I need to clean the ship. We havent cleaned her for a few years and rust is an issue with our vessel." Kritos stood.

"I can go on my own! Please?" She begged.

"I don't know, Xeno. This place can be very dangerous." The engineer scratched behind his head.

Karna smacked his brother in the arm.

"She killed a 500 pound pig a few days ago by herself, she'll be fine." He rumbled.

"I won't go far! Or be gone so long!"

Kritos thought about it as he glanced towards Xeno, seeing her looking at him with a quivering lip. She knew how to beg, and she was rather good at it as the Yautja was having a hard time trying to say No. Karna watched his older sibling sigh in defeat, secretly smirking.

"Fine." He clicked.

Xeno practically jumped with joy.

"BUT, you will need to stay close. A kilometer is maximum distance for you to go, and you must be back by midday. Understand?" Kritos growled.

"I understand, I'll be back soon!"

The xenomorph took off towards one of the cove walls, then began walking up the rocky surface as Xenomorphs could. The brothers watched as she disappeared over the wall, Kritos then turned to his brother.

"You're first to check the top of the ship for rust damage."

"What?! Why me?" The young hunter snarled.

"Because I'm older and I said so, besides do YOU know how to create sheet metal of the materials we collected?" Kritos crossed his arms, raising a brow.

Karna grumbled, "Fine, but you check the underside."

"That's fair."

He shrugged as the Youngblood leapt onto a taller tree to get to the top of the ship. But as he was about to jump onto the roof, he noticed a red blinking light on the side of the vessel. Karna paused for a moment, squinting to get a better look. Unfortunately his infrared vision limited his sight at a distance, so he grabbed onto a branch that would get him to the blinking light. He carefully walked along the branch and reached for the light.

Karna used his claws to pluck the light off the vessel like it was a tick. As he could now look at it better, he saw that it was a small disc with a singular red light. There was a symbol carved into top of the device, one that he immediately recognized. The hunters heart stopped, eyes widened and his blood ran cold.