/64/ Everything I Didn't Say

Izzy

"We can't go any further." I backed away from him. "I don't know why I did that. I just got this feeling." I spoke softly as I ran my fingertips over my lips.

"Yeah...You're right." Michael looked down at the floor. I knew I had hurt him but I had no idea what to do.

"I don't think I-" My phone started vibrating loudly in my pocket. The caller ID said that it was Ashton so I quickly answered.

"Izzy?"

"Yeah, Ash?"

"Management is pissed."

Ashton

"Ash! We have to play a round of soccer while you're here!" Harry shouted as soon as we walked in the door.

"Absolutely, little man." I replied as I messed up his hair, which left me to receive a glare from him.

"C'mon!" He grasped my hand with his little one and tried to pull me into the backyard. I gave in and set up the trash cans to create a makeshift goal.
"You're the goalie!"

I took my place in between the two "goal posts" as Harry placed the soccer ball (AN: Football for Europeans) on the grass. I hadn't seen him play soccer in a while. Last time I saw him play, he could barely kick the ball across the field. I was shocked when I saw him dribbling the ball towards me at full speed.

My phone began ringing and vibrating in pocket, momentarily distracting me. In that split second of distraction, the rough, used soccer ball collided with my face and the force pushed me back to my butt.

"Ash! The point of being the goalie is to catch the ball." Harry laughed as I stood back up and wiped the grass that had stuck to me when I fell.

"You're so funny, Harry." I spoke sarcastically. I remembered that my phone had been ringing so I excused myself and ran up to my room. I worried a little bit when I saw that the missed call was from Modest!. I immediately called them back to see what they had wanted.

"Modest! Management. How may I help you?"

"It's Ashton Irwin from 5 Seconds of Summer. I'm replying to a call that I missed."

"Please hold."

"John from Modest! Management, how can I help you?"

"It's Ashton. I think you called me."

"Yes, I did. Thank you for calling back."

"No problem. Is there anything that you need to discuss?"

"Yes, Ashton. Did you and Izzy break-up?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you guys were together before the hospital incident and now you guys are not together. I need some answers, Ashton. If you two aren't together, then I'm not sure I understand why Izzy is still on tour with you."

"John, I need you to hear me out."

"Save it, Ashton. You have this week off for family time but as soon as this week is over, the five of you are heading out to LA for a serious meeting about future matters."

"Okay."

"Have a good time catching up with your family."

"Thanks." As soon as I hung up the phone, I called Izzy to let her know what was going on. This topic should've been one of the first things we told her, but I guess it had slipped right over our heads.