/69/ Heartache Tonight

Third Person

Each day was going by slowly, hour by hour, minute by minute, second by second. Time goes so slow when you want it to go so fast. But before they knew it, they had arrived at the Langham Hotel in New York City. Izzy lived barely ten miles away from where they were settled. As soon as they were unpacked, they called for their Suburban to be waiting outside to take them to Izzy. She had no idea that they were coming around. It would definitely be a shock to her seeing as they hadn't talking over nine months. That's enough time to have a baby. (Brownie points to anyone who knows what that's from.)

"Shit, guys. We're here." Slowly and hesitantly, they walked to her front door after taking step after step. It seemed like yesterday that they had been picking her up to take her on tour.

"Should we knock or ring the door bell?" Michael asked. His hands were shaking and his voice was unsteady.

"Just knock." Luke said but you could tell that he was just as unsure as Michael.

"But it's a big house. What if she doesn't hear us?" Ashton reminded them.

"Jesus Christ, Guys. Choosing how to let her know you're here isn't the biggest part of this." Calum pushed his way through the three and rang the doorbell. If only they had seen the BMW Hybrid that was parked in front of the house, they wouldn't have been so shocked when they saw who was in the house.

"Hi. Can I help yo-" She stopped mid-sentence when her brain registered who was standing before her. She scanned over the boys that had definitely changed in the last nine months. Luke had his lip ring and a tattoo of a short quote that went up his wrist. ...And that in the end, the most interesting people always leave. Calum had a strip of blonde going through his bangs but besides that, he hadn't changed much with his appearance. Ashton had an unexpected tattoo that almost made Izzy melt. He had a small tattoo that was an outline of a puffle on his right wrist. Michael still had his eyebrow piercing and he had dyed his hair to the colour of yellow. Izzy remembered that Michael always had a reason for the color that he dyed his hair. "So what does the yellow represent?" She knew it was an awkward thing to ask but it was the first thing that came to mind.

You could tell that the boys were somewhat confused by her question but Michael answered it anyway. "Some of our fans have committed suicide due to their problems at home, at school, anything that makes life hard for them. September is Suicide Awareness month and the colour is yellow." Izzy remembered that while she was on the road with them, fans would trend the name of another fan who could no longer live with the way life was treating them.

"Wow. That's an amazing thing to do." Luke and Ashton grew jealous that Michael's hair was the first thing she noticed. But the only reason that she asked about Michael's hair was because the tattoo's on Luke and Ashton were related to her. It was quiet for a few seconds until Izzy reluctantly invited them in. She knew that there was no way their visit would end well. "Not to be rude or anything but...why are you guys here?"

The boys felt hurt that she sounded like she didn't want them here. "We haven't seen you in like nine months so we wanted to stop by and see how you're doing."

"Do you guys have a concert in New York or something?"

"Yeah. We're playing at Nikon at Jones Beach Theatre." The conversation ended there which made things all the more awkward but that wasn't bad compared to what happened next.

"Babe, who was at the door?" Ian stepped into the room and froze when he saw all four members of 5 Seconds of Summer sitting at Izzy's dining room table.

"Holy shit. You're 5 Seconds of Summer! My sister's practically in love with you! What are you guys doing here?" He turned to Izzy as he obviously had no idea that she had been so close to the superstars. "Do you know them or something?" The four members felt like an arrow had been shot to their hearts. She has a boyfriend? She didn't tell Ian about her touring with them? Did she tell Ian about her amnesia or the accident or the kidnapping? Did she tell him about how she used to be a groupie?