/41/ Girls

Previously

Izzy

Luke ran up to me immediately.

"I remember the day you told me you were leaving. I remember the make up running down your face. The dreams you left behind, you didn't need them. Like every single wish we'd ever made. I wanted to wake up with Amnesia and forget about the stupid little things. Especially the way it felt to fall asleep next to you, and the memories we have that can't escape."

He quoted pieces of his song but he tweaked a few pieces of the lyrics so that he was actually saying it to me. "When I let you go, I knew I had made the biggest mistake of my life. I know it happened a while ago, but you have to know how much that changed everything. I realized that I can't be without you." I didn't know how to react to his meaningful words.

As I was about to respond, I heard someone call my name. "Izzy!" I saw the make-up stylist running towards me.

And that's when it hit me.

I looked up at her as she approached me. "Mom?"

>>

She nodded with a look on her face as if she were trying to hold back never-ending sobs.

"Baby, you've grown up since I last saw you." She cooed and began taking steps towards me. "I've missed you." She spoke as she wrapped me in her arms.

"I missed you too." I replied quietly, taking in her familiar scent that I haven't been able to take in since I was 12.

"We have so much to catch up on! I'm sorry about everything. I mean, everything." She smirked and subtly nodded towards Luke.

"Oh, yeah. So you already know the guys. Luke is my best friend. We know almost everything about each other." I said while smiling towards Luke. "But the other guys are just one long story that I can tell you later." I paused, both of us taking in each other's appearance, and the reality of the situation. "I've missed you so much." She pulled me into a tight hug and I cried into her shoulder.

"I know. I know." Her soft voice being the only thing I was listening to. "Now tell me what's really wrong. We might've not spoken for five years, but that doesn't mean I don't know you. I do know you. More than you think."

"Jeremy died." I stated with tears running down my face.

"I heard. I'm so sorry. He was taking great care of you, too. He was taking care of my everything." She whispered, her eyes becoming glassy. "I'm sorry."

"For what?" I responded, my voice just as low as hers.

"Giving up. Running away from my problems." Is she calling me a problem?

"So I'm a problem?" I asked, wondering what she had meant by her words.

"Th-That's not what I said. I just...if you hadn't been diagnosed with Epilepsy, then we would've been just fine." She explained, basically describing what I had just asked.

"Wow. I was starting to feel like we were going to start over. I was wrong. Very, very wrong." I told her quickly. After giving one more look at the woman in front of me, I walked away, grabbing Luke's hand on the way.

>>

"I-I just don't g-get it." I sobbed into Luke's shoulder. "Sh-She ca-called me the p-problem." I let out another sob. We were now on the tour bus and it was around 12am.

"I'm sure she didn't mean it." Luke defended. I sat up quickly, glaring at him.

"How could you defend her?" I asked, feeling offended and hurt.