/70/ Spaces

Don't stress over what could've been. Chances are if it should've been, it would've been.

"Michael!" I ran after the car as it pulled away. I didn't care that I had left the door open. I didn't care that it was over 90 degrees and I was wearing sweatpants and a sweatshirt. The car immediately stopped when I called his name. "Michael, wait!"

When he opened the car door, I ran right into his arms. "What's wrong? What happened? I just left! What could've happened within fifteen seconds?"

"My thoughts."

"What do you mean?"

"Michael... I think I-"

And then I woke up.

My eyes opened slowly and throat felt dry. I was in a white, cold room. The overly sanitary smell... I'm in a hospital. What?

A nurse came running into the room and started yelling. "You're awake! Let me go get ice chips! What a miracle!" Less than a minute later, the nurse is spooning little ice chips down my throat until I could be able to talk.

"What happened?"

"Oh, baby. It's been three years!" I didn't know how to react. Three years?

"Three years since what?"

"That car crash!  You were kidnapped awhile back... and these two men drove off a cliff with you in the back of the car. When they rolled you into the ICU, we were all so worried. You had these four boys with you, and let me tell you something, they were gorgeous."

"That doesn't make any sense! I was in a coma and then I woke up and I was fine! It couldn't have been three years!" I was on the verge of tears. Was everything after the accident a dream?

"It may not seem like it right now but you are very lucky. This is definitely one of the most amazing moments to ever happen in this hospital! I'll be back in a few minutes so I can contact the doctor. Stay on the bed and I'll be back soon." 

My head hurt from the news. I couldn't wrap my head around it. Three years? What hospital am I even in? The nurse's accent has a hint of Italian. I couldn't still be in Italy, right? I started to panic. I searched the room for a sign to see what language it was in.

Premere il pulsante per infermiere

No... That's Italian! I'm still in Italy. I felt my intake of breath getting faster. I missed three years of my life. I haven't left Italy in three years! Where have the boys been? Have they come to see me?

"I'm back." The nurse sang as she came to sit by my bed. "So let me tell you something that's either going to make you happy or terrified." They must have given me a nurse that speaks English.

"What's the news?"

"Well... We were supposed to take you off life support today." My breath caught in my throat. "No one knew when you were going to wake up! There's five nurses outside of this room that are sobbing because you woke up. All of us had so much faith that you would wake up. We knew it would happen! You have no idea how much effort I'm putting towards trying not to cry."

"I was going to die today?" I guess the nurse gave up on trying not to cry when I saw her nod and wipe her eyes. I think she mumbled a yes in response. "So what happens now?"

"Well... a boy was just here to see you to say goodbye." My eyes opened wide and I felt like I couldn't breathe.

"Who?!"

"I never learned his name but he's been coming to see you at least once a month since you went into a coma." She told me.

"Well what did he look like?!" I was getting anxious that she was taking so long to tell me.

"He was really pale and had purple hair. I swear every time I saw him, his hair was a different color. He's going to go bald soon if he doesn't stop." Michael. Michael came to see me.

"How long ago did he leave?"

"A little less than an hour ago." She paused and I could tell by her facial expression that the next words coming out of her mouth would not be good. "He came one last time to say goodbye."

I guess that's it. He'll never know that I woke up. Maybe it's better this way. He can get over me now. I'll start a new life and he can continue his stardom. I'll be his past while he finds a new present.

I guess he was the first one to say goodbye.

The End

I'm sorry this took so long to write. I had such writer's block. I'm sorry if the ending was unexpected. Let me know if you want a sequel or a spin-off and what it should be based on. 

Love you guys and thanks for reading!