/20/ She Will Be Loved

Previously

Ashton's POV

"Stop discussing the past. Pay attention to the future. Forget what happened with you and Michael." Those were his final words before he left the room, leaving me to my thoughts about how I could get ahold of Izzy before Michael does.

//

Michael's POV

As soon as I had left the room, I saw Izzy and Luke sitting next to each other on the couch, laughing and having a total fucking blast.

"Hey guys." I interrupted their giggles.

"MONKEY!" That automatically put a smile on my face. "Monkey, come join us!" She was patting her hand on the couch to indicate where she wanted me to sit. I saw Calum walk into the room and take a seat in front of us by the tables.

"Cal, are you okay? You looked stressed." Izzy stood up about to walk over to him.

"I'M FINE, DAMMIT." Calum yelled and left the room.

"Short visit." I mumbled. Izzy looked at me curiously.

"What happened in there? Calum never brought back the cards he was getting and now you look distraught." Shit. She's onto me.

"Nothing happened. We were just talking, I swear." I held my hands up in surrender. "But what was going on in here while I was in there?" I glared at Luke and mouthed, "I know what you're doing." He looked at me questioningly.

"Wh-What do you mean?" Izzy stuttered. Shit, they did something?

"What was happening in here while Cal, Ash and I were in the other room?" I asked again with more confidence than before.

"N-nothing. Wh-What did you hear?" She looked very nervous and I could see her hands shaking slightly.

"I didn't hear anything. What did you hear?" Shit. Maybe she heard me talking and that's why she's so nervous.

"I didn't hear anything. I was just sitting here with Luke." Oh... Then what didn't she want me to hear?

"What were you guys talking about that you didn't want me to hear?" Izzy glanced at Luke and they stared at each other for a moment before Izzy shook her head signaling 'no.'

"We weren't talking about anything important. Why are you so curious?" Luke defended her.

"I... just forget it. I didn't mean to be like that. I'm sorry." I gave Izzy an apologetic look. But what the actual fuck were they talking about?

"It's okay. Come sit with us, please?" She doesn't have to ask me twice. I took a seat next to Izzy so she was sat in between Luke and I.

"This is so awkward. Why is it so awkward?" Izzy asked looking between Luke and I.

"You don't just state the awkwardness." Luke laughed.

"I do. I want to know why there is awkward tension. is that so wrong?" She defended herself.

"No." He laughed a little. "It's just different."

"I'm different." Izzy stated jokingly.

"I've realized." Luke responds with a smirk on his face.

"So why is there awkward tension?" She grabbed my hand and squeezed it. I could feel myself tensing up.

"I don't know. Do you know?" Luke said playfully. izzy stood up abruptly and gave us both a glare.

"What's the problem?" Izzy had an extremely serious look on her face.

"I fucking like you. That's the problem. Luke is getting in my fucking way. Why don't you see that, god dammit." But what I actually said was, "I don't know. I think we all just want to get close to you, but is there something between you and Luke?" I asked with a semi-fake upset look on my face.