Unwell

Nathan's POV:

After a while we got called to board the plane. Jade was asleep on Colby's shoulder. He woke her up and she didn't even look my way. I am going to give her some slack because of whats going on. I'm not going to push her to pay attention to me but I don't want her to ignore me either. We boarded the plane and she sat next to her dad and I sat next to my dad. I laid my head on my dad's shoulder halfway through the flight and was woken up by my mom talking to him. "Sam baby, wake up Nathan we are gonna land soon" He taps me lightly and I raise up my head and rub my eyes. After I rubbed them they instantly went to Jade who was on her phone. We land and get off of the plane. I was completely avoiding her sort of on purpose to see if she would catch on and she did eventually. We get into the rental car and we sit beside each other and I rest my head on the back of the seat and after a while I feel her grab my hand. I pretended to be asleep and didn't grip her hand back. I laid there and actually fell asleep and my dad tapped me to wake me up. I walk into the house and go to the guest room. I decided to give Jade her space and not share a room with her. Even though our parent's said that we could. Colby noticed that I was being distant and he pulled me aside and said that he wanted to talk to me. We walk upstairs and into the room I am staying in and he sits on the bed. "So..." He says quietly. "So.." I reply awkwardly. "Listen....I know my mom isn't going to make it so I need you to be here for Jade and I know you will be...but don't distance yourself from her....don't hide because she will let you...I do the same thing with Kaylee. You guys have to trust each other and be there for each other regardless if they say to leave them alone or not...They need you and you can't walk away" I just nod and let what he just told me sink in. I look at him as he stands up and hugs me and I burst into tears. "I know.....I know" is all he says as he hugs me tightly. After I cried like a little bitch I walked downstairs to see Jade in her room. I walked straight past it and said nothing to her and Colby asked if I wanted to watch a movie before we went to bed for the night. I said yes obviously so I sat down on the couch beside Colby and Kaylee. Jade eventually came out and she sits next to me and cuddles up to me and puts her head on my chest. I move my arm down so its around her and resting on her back. I keep my attention on the movie but I can see Colby smirking at me and he then puts his hand on my shoulder. "See she came around" He whispers so only I heard. I laughed slightly and smiled at him. I looked down after a while to see Jade asleep I got tired after a while and must have dozed off because I woke up the next morning in the same position but Jade is gone. I wake up and walk into the kitchen to see Jade sitting at the kitchen island in my sweatshirt. That little brat stole my sweatshirt again. I walk up behind her and put my arms around her waist and kiss her neck. "Hi baby boy" she says sweetly. "Baby boy that's a new one" I say laughing slightly. "Well I do love you and your my boyfriend so" Wait did I hear that correctly. "Wait what did you say" "Baby boy?" she says. "No after that" "Your my boyfriend?" "NO YOU SAID I LOVE YOU" I say freaking out slightly. "No I didn't" she says smirking. Now she is just fucking with me. I was externally and internally freaking the fuck out. She puts her hands on my cheek to stop me and she says "I joking with you" I sigh and smile and put my hands on hers. "I love you Nathan Golbach" she says sweetly. "I love you more Jade Brock" I reply. "Aw how cute" our parents yell. "Seriously DAD!" Jade yells. Colby and dad just start dying laughing and fall to the floor while our moms look at our fathers like they are psychopaths. Which they are....What am I kidding we are all crazy and odd....We are like the Adams Family. "Screw IT" I say laughing and crash my lips on Jade's as our parents all awe in the process. We sit there and start dying laughing in the middle of kissing and we all finish breakfast together. Now for the sad part of the day we have to go to the hospital and see Colby's mom. We arrive at the hospital and walk in and see her with an oxygen mask on and the doctor informed us that she isn't talking much but when we walked in and sat for a while she talked to each and every one of us and said goodbye. What she said to Colby effected me the most because they were her last words. All of Colby's cousins and family were there along with Gage of course. "Colby....My baby boy.....I love you so much and I love the man you have become....The two amazing kids you have raised with Sam, Kat and, Kaylee....I am proud of you son......I'll be okay don't worry about me.........I love you so much my baby boy" She says while holding his face. She then lowers her hands and she flat lines. Colby instantly lost his footing and dad and Kaylee caught him while I held Jade in my arms while she cried into my chest while I held her head and sobbed into my moms chest. Jade and Colby were going to take it the hardest obviously because that is their blood. Colby sobbed while in my dads arms. I looked to see my dad sobbing as well. I have never see my dad or Colby cry before they always kept it together for us and never snapped or broke down. EVER. I finally saw them hurting. After that we went home and Colby was completely silent the whole night. We all went to bed and I was laying in bed with Jade when we heard someone downstairs. We walk down to see Colby on the back porch sobbing on the steps leading towards to pool. We walked up to him and he sobbed into Jade's chest and she looked at me and whisper something so only I could hear. "Nathan....This completely broke him" I knew that this was going to take a toll on him because he was super close to her. He was a Mommy's boy. His mom was his rock before dad, Kaylee, and mom came along. After a while he stopped crying. Jade and I looked down to see him asleep. It was like 4 AM so we didn't have a problem staying out here and letting him get some sleep. At about 8 AM Mom, Dad, and Kaylee came out and looked at Colby laying in Jade's lap and frown sympathetically. "He was crying wasn't he" Dad asks. I nod as he walks over to Colby and moves his hair out of his face. "I'll take him" Sam says. Jade then slides out from under Colby. Sam picks him up and carries him to the couch. Kaylee sits down and he lays him down with his head on her lap. She then runs her finger through his hair and he falls back into a deep sleep slightly snoring now. I hope he will come back from this. He is like my second Dad. I need him just like I need my biological dad.