Home Sweet Home (Part 15)

Colby's POV

We finally landed. We got off the plane and went to get our rental car and then drove to my house. We walk in and my mom is there waiting for us already. I walk in and my mom screams my name. "Hi Momma." I said loudly. She ran over to me and hugged me tightly. She then looked behind me to see Kaylee and they hugged. My dad then walks in and hugs Kaylee and I. We then go our separate ways and go up to my old room. "So this is teenage Colby's room, huh?" Kaylee says laughing. "Yes it is." I say in a mocking tone. We go downstairs because mom made food. We sit and eat with my parents and then sit in the living room to talk for a while. We were talking about the wedding when we heard a knock at the door. I got up to answer it and saw my ex Jade standing there. "Hey I saw you were home." Jade says nervously. "Yeah I'm home for a bit." I say confidently. She then walks into the living room with me. "This is my fiancé Kaylee." I could see the anger in Jade's face but she tried to hide it. "Hi nice to meet you." Kaylee says busting balls. "This is Jade a old friend of mine." I say hesitantly. Kaylee knew exactly who Jade was and that we dated. I could see the pissed off expression on Kaylee's face. "I'm gonna go upstairs and get some sleep." Kaylee says as she says goodnight to my parents and walks upstairs. Jade sits down and we catch up.  After a while jade leaves and my parents go to bed. I walk into my room to see Kaylee still up but turning away from me as I walk over to the bed. "You are seriously mad at me." I say concerned. No answer. "So your ignoring me now." "Hello, earth to Kaylee." "Cole just shut up and go to bed." She was pissed I knew shouldn't have let Jade into the house but also in a way I don't know why she is I am hers. I decide to just go to sleep and I slowly drift off but restful sleep didn't last long.

Kaylee's POV

I was pissed I can't believe he let her in. Am I overreacting? I can't believe him he knows that it would bug me to meet her and he still let her in. He came in and I turned around. He tried talking to me but I ignored him I told him to shut up and go to bed then I felt him get in bed and he kept his distance. I heard his breathing get deeper after a while and then we started to toss and turn. He was sweating profusely as he started to talk in his sleep. I knew what I did earlier was bothering him he never had night terrors expect for when we argue. I rolled over to him and sat up I held his head and talked to him and brushed his face with my nails until he calmed down. He was asleep the whole time but he knew I was there helping him he could feel my presence. I kissed his forehead and said I was sorry and then I laid back down. As I was getting comfortable to go back sleep I felt him turn onto his back. I then rolled over facing him and laid my head on his chest. I woke up to Colby still sleeping. I carefully pulled myself off of him even though he was a heavy sleeper he would notice if sometimes if I wasn't with him. I walked downstairs to smell food. I walked into the kitchen to see Colby's Mom making breakfast. "Morning honey." She says smiling. "Morning." I reply back. "Is Colby up yet, what am I kidding of course he isn't, wake him up will you, he will sleep till noon if I would let him, tell I want him up."She says laughing. "Oh I know how you feel, I can't even get him out of bed sometimes." I say laughing as I walk up to Colby's room. I walk in to see Colby still passed out with his mouth open snoring. I walk over to him and brush the hair out of his face. "Baby time to get up, Mom made breakfast." I said softly. "Mhm." Was all I got as a response. "Baby let's go." I said getting slightly annoyed. He didn't budge. I walked back down stairs and told him Mom. She stormed upstairs and yelled. "Colby get your ass up!" I hear his footsteps now and I look at the stairs to see her tugging him by his ear. She walks into the kitchen to me still gripping his ear while he says ouch over and over again. "There you go now he is up." She says walking over to the stove. "Well good morning my sleepy baby." I say loudly. "Good Morning." He reply's back as he kisses my cheek. "You guys are so romantic I love it." Colby's mom says as she turns around towards us. "Thank you, Candice." I reply back. "Oh, call me mom." She says laughing. "Okay, Mom you got it." I say laughing at what she said. "Where is dad." Colby asks. "Where do you think, he is still in damn bed, I gave up a long time ago trying to wake him up before 9:00." She says in a pouting tone. Breakfast is finally done so we eat and then get ready to go back fly back to LA with his parents. The wedding was in a week so we needed to get them there. We pack up our stuff and drive to the airport. We get on the plane and fly back to LA. After 6 hours we finally land it is about 8:00 pm in LA but it is 11:00 pm in Kansas. So his parents were tired. We dropped them off at their hotel and then went home and were greeted by everyone. All the girls ran and hugged me and all the boys picked up Colby and group hugged him. "You realize we were gone for a day right." I yelled to everyone. "It doesn't matter we still didn't see you for a whole day." They all say in unison. We run upstairs and just straight to bed we were exhausted from the jet lag. I hate jet lag and it knocks Colby out dead.