Sick

Nathan's POV:
I drive home and look over to Jade and see she is asleep. "Jade we are home" I say softly moving her hair out of her face. Her eyes slowly flutter open and she sits up and looks at me. "Morning sleepy head" I say laughing. "Shut up" she says back laughing as well. We walk into the house and she walks straight into my room and plops on my bed. "Jade what are you doing" I say laughing. "I want to cuddle" she says in a baby voice. Our parents still weren't done filming so we are still home alone so she is pouting. We decide to put Netflix on and chill out till our parents get home but half way through the movie she fell asleep. Damn it can we ever watch a movie where she doesn't fall asleep half way through. At about 7 PM our parents arrive home and I walk downstairs and leave Jade in my bed to sleep. "Hey Nate where's Jade?" Colby asks. "Baby you already know the answer to that question she is asleep in his bed" Kaylee says laughing as mom and dad nod at Colby. "Yup" I say laughing. "But I think she is getting sick, she is kind of warm" I say concerned. "Aw my poor baby girl" Colby says sweetly. "How long has she been asleep for?" Mom asks. "A couple hours" I say questioningly. "Why?" "Yeah she is definitely getting sick" dad says. "Did she lay on you?" Kaylee asks. "Yup" "Yeah is getting sick I do the same thing and so does HER FATHER" "What did you say something?" Colby reply's making us all laugh. "Just go lay with her so she doesn't freak out when you aren't there if she wakes up" Colby says breaking the laughter. True I better go back upstairs with her. I walk in to see her cuddled up in my blankets and she is completely out cold. We have taken care of each other when we are sick before because we have lived together with our parents all our lives so we have comforted each other when we are sick since we were little. I lay on the bed beside her softly and lay on my back. She then shifts a little bit and lays on my chest and sighs as I rub her back and she falls back to sleep once more. I sit there for a while just letting her sleep and eventually dozed off myself. I woke up to my phone ringing and I looked to see it was Colby. I answered it and I spoke softly so I didn't wake Jade.

Colby: Hey we are going to the store do you need anything?

Nathan: no thanks I'm all set.

Colby: Does Jade want anything?

Nathan: She is still out cold.

Colby: Okay I'll just get her usual. Give her a kiss for me. See you later. I love you bud.

Nathan: I love you too.

I sit on my phone until about 11:30 AM and the quickly slide Jade off of my chest and get into the shower. I get out and get dressed and walk back into my room to see Jade now up on her phone. I sit beside her and she smiles weakly at me. "Hey Bubba. How you feeling? Any better?" I ask softly rubbing her back. "A little I think I just need to sleep it off" she reply's. She sits up next to me and lays on my shoulder. "Thank you for laying with me even though I'm sick" she says in baby voice. "Anything for my baby" I say kissing the top of her head as she hugs me tight.
I sit there with her in my arms for a couple minutes and look down to see her asleep once more. I pick her up and lay her back down on my bed and cover her with my blankets and leave her alone to sleep. I walk downstairs to see mom, dad, Kaylee and Kat unpacking groceries. "Hey how is she feeling?" Colby asks. "A little better but she said she just wanted to sleep it off so she fell back to sleep while I sat there with her so I just laid her back down and then came down here" I reply. "That's good hopefully she is better for school Monday" Dad says. They make dinner and I eat with them and then join Jade back upstairs. I walk over to the bed to see her awake. It is about 8:00 PM now. "I'm gonna go take a shower okay baby?" She says sitting up. "Okay" I reply as I sit on my bed and open up my phone. She walks out and I hear the shower start and after about 15 minutes she comes back in with pajamas on. "I'm sleeping in here again" she says in a baby voice. "Fine by me" I say laughing at her words. "I'm hungry" she says as she lays on my legs. "You want me to carry done to the kitchen don't you" I say looking down at her.