Kansas Here We Come

Jade's POV:
Nathan then picks me up and carries me downstairs and into the kitchen where our parents are. They all laugh because I made him carry me down. I then go in the cupboard and grab ramen noodles and I put them in the microwave then eat them. Yes I know it's weird that I cook them in the microwave but I am weird so whatever. After I eat I said goodnight to everyone and went in my room to get some sleep. I couldn't fall asleep so I texted Nathan. He then walks in quietly and lays on the bed beside me and we watch a movie. He lays his head on my chest and I play with his hair. After a while he started to snore and drool a little but I don't have the heart to move him. After the movie was over I tapped him. "Baby Bubba I have to pee" I say laughing. He gets off of me and turns towards my closet with his back facing me and he falls right back to sleep once more. I then get up and go to the bathroom and come back and get in my bed.As soon as I lay down Nathan rolls over and puts him arm around me and lays his head in the crook of my neck and I soon hear his breathing slow once more. I sit there and play with his hair until I start to drift off to sleep. I wake up the next morning in the same position with Nathan still out cold. I grab my phone to let him sleep and after a while I hear a knock on my door. "Come in" I say softly. I look at the door to see my dad. I know it would be kind of awkward having your dad walk in while your in bed with your sleeping boyfriend on your chest. My dad and I are really close though so that doesn't freak either of us out. I tell him everything anyways. Nathan tells his parents everything too. "Hey" he says sadly. "Dad what's wrong" I ask concerned. "Your grandmother is in the hospital" he says crying. "Dad I'm so sorry" I say starting to tear up. "It's okay honey. I was just wondering if you wanted to come to Kansas with us today and stay there for a while?" "What about Nathan dad?" I ask tearing up more thinking about having to leave Nathan. "Sam, Kat and Nathan are coming with us don't worry. So are you coming?" "Yes dad of course. What time do we leave today?" I ask. "In a few hours so wake up lazy butt and pack for 3 weeks worth. I love you. I'll see you downstairs in a bit" he then kisses my forehead. "I love you too dad." He then walks out and leaves Nathan and I alone once more. I run my finger through his hair and whisper to him "Bubba time to get up" his eyes then slowly flutter open and he lifts up his head slightly to look at me. "We have to go to Kansas baby" I say starting to cry. "Why what happened" "My grandma is in the hospital" I say sobbing into his chest on the bed. "It's okay baby we will get through this" he says rubbing my back and I could tell by his voice he was tearing up as well. We would always go to my grandmothers house every year for Christmas with all four of our parents. We called it the Golbach Brock family Christmas. I know cheesy. We packed and drove to the airport and sat at the gate and waited to board the plane. I laid my head on dads shoulder and fell asleep.