Chapter Twenty

A/N: If anyone is interested, I've posted a picture of what I imagined Natasha to look like on the side.

Also, I would like to dedicate this chapter to Dark-Violet, she has written an amazing TVD story and was also my inspiration to start writing my own TVD story. I've actually had the idea for this for the longest time but I just never put it down on paper. 

Anyways, hope you enjoy the chapter! I love you all for reading <3

xo Sam

---

“Stefan, please stop blasting your annoying music.”

Stefan was giving me a ride to school. Yes, he was finally going back and he was dragging me along with him. He wanted to drive his recently fixed car. We were getting strange stares from all the other students as we were pulling into the school parking lot.

“Aly, could you please let me enjoy myself?”

“No. Not when you listen to old grandpa music,” I mutter.

He parks and we both get out. I see Elena strolling across the field towards us.

“Nice car.” Elena is grinning.

“I thought it was a waste to leave it in the garage.” Stefan pulls Elena in and gives her a quick peck of the lips. I pretend to gag.

“I didn’t know you guys were coming back today,” she says, giggling.

“You know, I woke up this morning and I was feeling great so I figured it was time for me to get back into things,” Stefan explains. “And I just had to drag Alayne along with me.”

“Does that mean you’re okay now?” Elena asks Stefan. “With all the cravings?”

“Yeah, the worst part is over.”

I roll my eyes. “He just needed to learn control, not avoid the problem by sucking dry all the bunnies.”

“I just want to spend as much time with you possible now,” Stefan says to Elena and the two of them share a quick but passionate kiss.

“Guys,” I whine. “Please stop, we’re in public and you two are gross.”

Elena sighs. “Aly is right, we’ll be late for class.”

“Go on ahead, I just need to grab my things, I’ll catch up with you,” Stefan urges.

“I’ll see you in class Elena,” I smile at her.

She gives us both a strange look but she walks off anyways. When Elena is gone, Stefan heads to the back of his car and opens up the trunk. I follow him and I sigh when I see all the drained blood bags. I sigh loudly and Stefan shoots me a wary look.

“Stefan, you need to fight the urge and control your hunger,” I say. “This is going to destroy you.”

“I know, I’m working on it.” Without another word, he slams the door on the trunk and starts heading in the direction of our first period history class. We’re almost late, barely making it through the door before Alaric.

“Hi Mr. Saltzman,” I grin at him and he smiles back a little ruefully. I could tell that there had been in a slight change in Alaric ever since our little mission at Pearl’s house together.

“Okay, this week we are going to set aside our regular curriculum for a lesson in local history as we approach Founders’ Day. Apparently, the community leaders feel that it is more important than World War II but hey, what do I know,” Alaric informs the class.