Chapter Thirty-Four

A/N: Happy TVD Thursday! Vote and Comment if you'd like :)

---

The drive back is much quicker than the ride out of town as Klaus is really pushing way above the speed limits. He drops me off at his mansion first.

“Go check on your plaything,” he says, referring to Rose. “And I need you here when the other hybrids arrive.”

“Klaus, wait for me,” I say. “I want to see Mikael’s body too.”

He sighs. “Fine, I guess I should come inside too then.”

He parks the car at the curb and wanders into the mansion with me. Rose is still tied in the chains but she does not look too good.

“Why don’t you just drive a stake through her heart?” Klaus asks.

“Too easy,” I reply.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. I spare one more peek at Rose before I go open the door. A tall, dark haired, blue eyed, familiar face stared back at me.

“Sebastian,” I breathe.

He cracks a smile and he really is good looking.

“Alayne,” he says. “I heard you were back.”

So many emotions flood through me and I feel lightheaded. Joy, wonder, anxiety, nervousness, love, anger.

“Sebastian,” I repeat.

“Alayne,” he humours me.

Then I vaguely remember someone telling me that Sebastian had been getting close with Bonnie and then I am mad. Livid to be more precise.

“How dare you show your face here?” I spit. “How dare you?!” My voice is rising to a scream.

Sebastian looks shocked. “Somehow, I didn’t quite picture that as our reunion.”

“Reunion? What the hell did you think was going to happen? That I would just stupidly fall back into your arms like I always blindly do?” I yell. “You asshole, you’ve been canoodling with goddamn Bonnie Bennett! How can you even look at me right now?!”

Sebastian regards me coolly. “You’re being a little immature about this, aren’t you?”

“Shut up,” I snap. “You shouldn’t talk about being immature.”

“Alayne, listen to me,” he says.

“No,” I say stubbornly.

“Nothing happened between Bonnie and I. Absolutely nothing, we were just working together to help the Salvatores and Elena and I wanted to know what happened to you. Bonnie and I just became friends along the way. You can’t blame me, and you can’t not become friends with someone after working towards the same goal for some time.”

I glower at him. “I can’t believe you just said that.”

Sebastian steps towards me and cups my face with both his hands.

“Look Aly, I love you, okay? It’s the reason I’m still in this town and it’s why I’m here risking my neck at Klaus’ mansion, knowing he hates my guts right now,” Sebastian says. “I love you. And tonight is homecoming and I was wondering if you wanted to go with me.”

I narrow my eyes at him.

“I spend several months trapped in a coffin and when we are reunited, you want to ask me to homecoming?” I ask slowly.

“Yes?” he grins sheepishly.

“No,” I glare at him.

That’s when my brother decides to intervene.